Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Fuck yes. I've been meaning to watch Akira and Summer Wars for some time now, and the other two movies, while not necessarily great, are quite enjoyable to me. Though, it's odd that they would air Shamballa instead of Milos, since they haven't aired the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime in a long ass time, but I can dig it well enough.

A little disappointed to not see Strong World and Redline, but it's probably too early to show the former while the latter isn't a FUNi licensed movie like the others here. At least they are airing good movies, and not trashy Bleach or Naruto bores. I'm excited to see 'em on the block.  :)

Daxdiv

While I did buy Strong World, I can see it airing later down the line. Though if they had to air a One Piece movie, realistically.... they probably would have been that condensed retelling of Alabasta arc, since that is the only other OP dub movie they released and it's been out for a long time.

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah...no. The Alabasta movie is lame, and I don't really want Toonami to air it just because it's a One Piece movie. Didn't know Strong World came out this week. Guess I have to get myself down to Best Buy tomorrow and pick it up!

The Shadow Gentleman

Having (unfortunately) not seen any of these movies, I'll have to tune in.

With all this and Space Dandy coming, I might actually start regularly watching Toonami for the first time in over a year.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Cartoon X on November 15, 2013, 08:41:31 PM
Yeah...no. The Alabasta movie is lame, and I don't really want Toonami to air it just because it's a One Piece movie. Didn't know Strong World came out this week. Guess I have to get myself down to Best Buy tomorrow and pick it up!

I actually ordered my copy from RightStuf and they're well known for shipping new releases 2 weeks before the intended street date. So I don't think you'll find it at Best Buy just yet.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: ShadowGentleman on November 15, 2013, 08:44:08 PM
Having (unfortunately) not seen any of these movies, I'll have to tune in.

If you haven't seen the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime you shouldn't watch Shamballa. It's the conclusion to a much different story than Arakawa's manga/Brotherhood.

Daikun

Well, what do ya know! A movie month without Rebuild 3.0! :thumbup:

Holy crap! They actually got Akira! And Summer Wars, too? I haven't seen that one yet; what a nice surprise!

So they're finally airing the FMA movie when the original Adult Swim Action wouldn't do it. It took them long enough. I just hope that viewers don't confuse this with the Brotherhood continuity.

I'm glad they picked up the Trigun film, because I haven't seen that one, either.

They didn't get Redline. :butbut: Oh, well. This is going to be a great month, regardless.

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Cartoon X on November 15, 2013, 08:51:32 PM
If you haven't seen the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime you shouldn't watch Shamballa.
I've seen it. No worries.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Daxdiv on November 15, 2013, 08:46:21 PM
I actually ordered my copy from RightStuf and they're well known for shipping new releases 2 weeks before the intended street date. So I don't think you'll find it at Best Buy just yet.

Ah, okay then. I can wait on it. I know that Akira came out this week, and I was planning to buy that movie so that I could finally watch it (and because I like the manga enough to buy it's critically acclaimed movie). Now that Toonami's airing it, though, I'll just watch the movie on the block first.

Quote from: Daikun on November 15, 2013, 08:53:42 PM

They didn't get Redline. :butbut:

They only went for FUNi movies, which Redline, unfortunately, isn't. It's a shame, but hopefully we'll see it on the block one of these days.

Rynnec

I approve of all of these movies. Shame Redline isn't among one of them.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Summer Wars is my favorite animated movie ever. You did good this time, Toonami.

Also, Foggle, you now have no excuse to not watch this movie.

I'm also glad to see that Akira is getting aired.

I also would like to see Strong World on Toonami, maybe a year or two from now.

Never cared for Shambala, but it's not a terrible choice, either, and Badlands Rumble is pretty "eh" at best, but it's also something that's worth watching once if you haven't already seen it.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on November 15, 2013, 10:06:33 PM
Summer Wars is my favorite animated movie ever.

I thought The Hunchback of Notre Dame was your favorite animated movie?

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on November 15, 2013, 10:06:33 PM
Also, Foggle, you now have no excuse to not watch this movie.
You assume I would ever willingly watch Toonami outside of the upcoming Space Dandy premieres. :>

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Cartoon X on November 15, 2013, 10:11:10 PMI thought The Hunchback of Notre Dame was your favorite animated movie?

I meant to say my favorite anime movie, but either way it, The Lion King, and The Hunchback of Notredame are pretty close in quality to me.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on November 15, 2013, 10:33:57 PMYou assume I would ever willingly watch Toonami outside of the upcoming Space Dandy premieres. :>

You will if you don't want me to find out where you live and force you to, myself. :>