Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Cartoon X on November 22, 2013, 11:12:58 PM
You were into it for a while and tried to get me to watch it. Next you'll tell me you didn't like Kekkaishi when you repeatedly talked to me about how much you enjoyed reading it.  :thinkin:
You are correct about my opinion of Kekkaishi, but I never thought that Blue Excorcist was a very good series.

Foggle

Samurai Flamenco is probably not going to be dubbed. Considering how Aniplex treats their less popular acquisitions (and believe me, almost no one cares about about SF), it'll probably be released sub-only DVD-only in the US.

VLordGTZ

Damn, that sucks..............

LumRanmaYasha

That is very disappointing to hear. Very, very disappointing.  :'(

Foggle

I really wish it was more popular too. Sadly, it's one of the lowest selling shows of the season (if not the lowest), and almost no one outside of us and other anime bloggers seems to be watching it. Such a shame, because it's easily one of the year's best TV anime IMO. AoA has never treated their shows well unless they're mega-popular, so it's pretty much guaranteed to get neither a dub nor a blu-ray release in the US. :(

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on November 23, 2013, 12:11:15 AMI really wish it was more popular too. Sadly, it's one of the lowest selling shows of the season (if not the lowest), and almost no one outside of us and other anime bloggers seems to be watching it. Such a shame, because it's easily one of the year's best TV anime IMO. AoA has never treated their shows well unless they're mega-popular, so it's pretty much guaranteed to get neither a dub nor a blu-ray release in the US. :(

At least it'll be getting a DVD/Blu-Ray release. Something like HXH won't even get licensed (and I believe that Viz already gave up their rights to the 1999 anime quite a while back, IIRC). Of course a lot of the more unique and interesting types of anime series do tend to get shoved to the side for the more extravagant stuff like Attack on Titan and such. I'm not saying that series like that don't deserve to be popular (I'm not really a big fan of AoT, but I can at least understand why it appeals to a lot of people), but I think the more reserved and well-written series like SF and HXH deserve at least the same treatment as those series get. But, at the end of the day, I understand that licensing anime is a business, and one that's honestly not all that profitable in the States, at that. So it only makes sense for FUNi and other companies to put more of their money and better resources into properties that they believe will sell better than others.

Daikun

LumRanmaYasha

Eh, not as good as the Evangelion promos, but cool nonetheless. Still excited to finally see the movie next weekend, anyways.

LumRanmaYasha

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've already seen Akira a couple of times, but it's cool that Toonami is airing it. Is Summer Wars supposed to come on the week after it, though? That one I've also seen a few times, but I'd definitely tune in just to watch it again.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on December 01, 2013, 12:51:46 PM
Is Summer Wars supposed to come on the week after it, though? That one I've also seen a few times, but I'd definitely tune in just to watch it again.

Yes, Summer Wars will be aired on the 14th.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

The new Toonami Lineup starting January 4th, 2013

11:30 Space Dandy
12:00 Bleach
12:30 Naruto Shippuden
1:00 One Piece
1:30 Soul Eater
2:00 Sword Art Online
2:30 FLCL
3: 00 Naruto (starting over FROM EPISODE 1)
3:30 Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
4: 00 Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
4:30 IGPX
5: 00 Star Wars: The Clone Wars
5:30 InuYasha

GODDAMIT WHY? ISN'T SHITPUDEN ENOUGH, TOONAMI? WHY MUST YOU TORTURE US WITH NARUTO AGAIN, FROM THE BEGINNING AGAIN?  :anger: :burn: :gonk: :frown:

I also don't get why they are putting Star Wars at 5am. It's doing great at 3, why not move it to 3:30? If they are worried about having 5am content friendly they can just put IGPX at 5. I at least get rerunning Naruto. It's a ratings whore. Moving Star Wars to 5am just makes no sense to me whatsoever when Ghost in the Shell and IGPX do worse than it and Brotherhood has already been rerun plenty of times.

Oh well...there's still Space Dandy to be excited for, at least.

gunswordfist

Whoa, Jan. 4?!! It's really hitting home how soon that show is coming.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Quote from: Cartoon X on December 05, 2013, 11:05:37 AMGODDAMIT WHY? ISN'T SHITPUDEN ENOUGH, TOONAMI? WHY MUST YOU TORTURE US WITH NARUTO AGAIN, FROM THE BEGINNING AGAIN?  :anger: :burn: :gonk: :frown:

It's actually Viz's fault this time. They left Toonami at a stalemate with this bullshit deal.

Quote#toonami fans, so I'm not doing this all day: we were allowed by partners to extend our ORIGINAL Naruto deal (52 eps) for a second run.

Continuing from where we left off would have been prohibitively expensive. Basically, it was get Shuppuden/re-run Naruto or continue...

with new Naruto eps, but NO Shippuden. The choice was clear. That's the first and last time I'll deal with that here so please do not ask.

IN SHORT: You can't have it all, and neither can we. But I certainly think 3 solid hours of premieres is a good way to kick off the year.

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/408559335472496640
https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/408559585411080192
https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/408559782786646016
https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/408560025976590337