Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

Wow. That seems like a pretty good acquisition.

Though, it does make me wonder if Blue Exorcist will get a bump to it's release date, since won't SAO end in mid February and the way Toonami crew was talking about it, I thought it was implied that BE was replacing SE.

Rynnec

FINALLY!

Quote from: Daxdiv on January 24, 2014, 03:55:07 PM
Though, it does make me wonder if Blue Exorcist will get a bump to it's release date, since won't SAO end in mid February and the way Toonami crew was talking about it, I thought it was implied that BE was replacing SE.

I think BE will be SAO's replacement. Otherwise what else will they air in that timeslot?

gunswordfist

Sounds good! I was thinking about watching Black Lagoon. But I planned on watching Saint Seiya and maybe Fujiko so that should keep me occupied.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Hey, an acquisition you guys are happy with for once!  :D

Though I would have preferred a newer show, like Psycho-Pass, Black Lagoon is one of my favorite anime so I'm ecstatic to see it being introduced to a mass audience. I hope they air Roberta's Blood Trail after they finish the Second Barrage as well.

talonmalon333

Black Lagoon on Toonami? How will they make that work? It's a bit of a harsh show, after all.

LumRanmaYasha

The violence shouldn't be a problem since Deadman was fine at 12:30. Of course the f-bombs will be bleeped, but people honestly over exaggerate how much there is anyways.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Toonami bagged yet another great show. The block is "slowly" starting to pick up in quality.

Nel_Annette

Yaaaay I've been wanting to watch it.  :joy:

LumRanmaYasha

Highlights from this month's Q&A:

QuoteQ: Jason mentioned on Twitter that you were getting the full Japanese Space Dandy opening. When do you think we would see that and will you replace the kanji credits with English ones?

A: Great question! We hope to have the Japanese open and close for Dandy up within a week or so. We MAY leave the kanji credits, we?re still working that out.

:joy:

QuoteQ: Toonami getting Black Lagoon is really nice i cant wait. My question is how edited will it be? Considering the blood and cursing but also things like the Twin's and things like that?

A: It will be as edited as AKIRA or Deadman Wonderland was. We?ll have as much as we can get away with.

QuoteQ: Are you guys considering airing any Satoshi Kon movies(like paprika and perfect blue)?

A: We absolutely adore Satoshi Kon, but we don?t think his work would really fit in on Toonami!

QuoteQ: A lot of people have asked this question so we thought we would pass it along: Is Blue Exorcist starting in March or the last Saturday in February?

A: Blue Exorcist is coming in March.

Uh...okay. So what airs at 2am on February 22nd?  :thinkin:

QuoteQ: The goodies you make include promos, AMV's, tumblr Q&A's, game reviews, and speeches. Can you rank how difficult these are to produce, from hardest to easiest?

A: Hardest will always be the speeches. Then the music videos. The game reviews and Tumblr Q&A pieces are usually the easiest.

QuoteQ: The custom Toonami openings for Bleach and Naruto Shippuden are alright, but I would prefer to have shortened versions of the original openings. Is there any chance of those two shows switching over to shortened openings in the near future?

A:
For now, we?re just not showing the original openings for those shows rather than editing them down. We hate to chop up things like those opens that people cherish, so we?d rather just cut them. Anyone who wants to see them can find them online, untarnished. We?re trying to get the full open and close for Space Dandy, since it?s the first show on the block, and once we do, we?ll need the time we gained by losing the Bleacj and Naruto opens. Make sense? Sort of?

QuoteQ: So soul eater is not going to have a rerun?

A: Not right away, no.

So there's a possibility it might re-run? Hmm...

Daikun

What makes TOM 5 an improved model over the previous TOMs?

Now we know the truth.

Foggle

Quote from: Cartoon X on January 26, 2014, 07:00:19 PM
QuoteQ: Jason mentioned on Twitter that you were getting the full Japanese Space Dandy opening. When do you think we would see that and will you replace the kanji credits with English ones?

A: Great question! We hope to have the Japanese open and close for Dandy up within a week or so. We MAY leave the kanji credits, we?re still working that out.
Very good. The OP and ED are excellent, and I'll be extremely happy to see them on Toonami.

QuoteUh...okay. So what airs at 2am on February 22nd?  :thinkin:
King Star King. :joy:

Daxdiv

Quote from: Foggle on January 26, 2014, 07:06:09 PM
Quote from: Cartoon X on January 26, 2014, 07:00:19 PM
Uh...okay. So what airs at 2am on February 22nd?  :thinkin:
King Star King. :joy:

Only if Kickheart airs right after it.  :happytime:

Rynnec

Wait, if they're cutting out OP's entirely, does that mean we won't be getting Red Fraction?

LumRanmaYasha

I'm not sure. Right now only Bleach and Naruto Shippuden have Toonami intros, so it might just be those two and those two alone. We'll just have to wait and see.

Avaitor

SPECIAL TOONAMI ANNOUNCEMENT!

On September 8th, 2000, TOM encountered a creature that changed the face of Toonami. In 2015 (date tbd), TOM and Sara will face that creature again.

Toonami is happy to announce THE INTRUDER: PART 2! Why are we telling you about this so early? Simple! WE NEED YOUR HELP. This weekend, we need every Toonami faithful to Tweet, FB post, Instagram, etc  the hashtag, ?#intruder2.? The level of interest you guys show will determine how BIG the story we get to tell is. This adventure is in YOUR HANDS. Let us know if you?re excited for THE INTRUDER: PART 2 by posting about it, talking about it, and making your excitement known to the world! TOM and Sara are about to have their greatest adventure yet? and we promise, Toonami will not be the same.

DUN DUNNNNNN

Love, The Toonami Crew.

Huh, color me intrigued. It looks like this is the year that Toonami is winning my interest back.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/