Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Cartoon X on April 12, 2014, 09:29:55 PM
5:00  SWCW

For a second I thought they had acquired the rights to air old WCW Saturday episodes before realizing it stands for Star Bores.

Foggle

If I was in charge of Toonami, I'd air the entire first season of Ro-Kyu-Bu! (OVA included) on April Fools' Day just to see the audience's reaction.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on April 12, 2014, 09:49:25 PM
If I was in charge of Toonami, I'd air the entire first season of Ro-Kyu-Bu! (OVA included) on April Fools' Day just to see how the audience's reaction.
But then, you'll get fined by the FCC.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Foggle on April 12, 2014, 09:41:00 PM
Space Dandy does not appeal to fujoshi or shounen fanboys like Attack on Titan does, and Bleach is somehow still incredibly popular in the US, so Dandy will probably remain at 12:30.

Dandy did well in it's slot and did consistently get higher ratings than Bleach, and I think the crew likes it more too, so, I dunno, I think it has a shot at moving up when the premieres resume.

But it does annoy me off a bit that Bleach still gets good ratings. The anime got canceled in Japan because of poor ratings, the manga consistently ranks near the bottom of modern Jump rankings and sells increasingly less and less. And yet, it's as popular as ever in the U.S. Meh. I will be glad to see it leave the airwaves after this year, I tell you what.

Quote from: Foggle on April 12, 2014, 09:49:25 PM
If I was in charge of Toonami, I'd air the entire first season of Ro-Kyu-Bu! (OVA included) on April Fools' Day just to see the audience's reaction.

Gonna have to wait a while for that, since Toonami won't air on April Fools Day for a couple more years.  :D

Foggle

Yeah, it might end up preempting Bleach, but I don't think it has a chance of taking its slot back from Titan.

Lord Dalek

On that day, Toonami was given a grim reminder... They still had to air Bleach afterwords.

Avaitor

I didn't even know that Bleach was cancelled.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on April 12, 2014, 11:26:29 PM
That's what I came to say. Also that and lol and I had no clue it was tanking in Japan and lol.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

RacattackForce

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 12, 2014, 11:28:03 PM
That's what I came to say. Also that and lol and I had no clue it was tanking in Japan and lol.
Welcome to three years ago.

Avaitor

Well I knew that Bleach wasn't as popular in Japan, or hasn't been for a long time.

But I've never seen the show or read the manga before, I only take what I hear about it from you guys, which explains why I didn't know that the anime ended.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

I haven't watched Bleach in like 5 years. This thread is pretty much the only place I hear about the show.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

Quote from: RacattackForce on April 12, 2014, 11:48:41 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on April 12, 2014, 11:28:03 PM
Welcome to three years ago.

Technically, Bleach has been off Japanese airwaves for 2 years, but whose really counting? :P All I remember was it being replaced by that goofy Rock Lee spin-off that ran for a year. I still wonder if Pierrot will come back and wrap up the Bleach anime sometime after Kubo finishes the manga, which should be soon considering this is supposed to be the final arc.

LumRanmaYasha

Even though it's on it's final arc, it could be years until Bleach finishes, what with Kubo's shit pacing and everything.

And I kinda doubt another anime will be made. The series consistently ranks in the bottom 6 in most Jump rankings these days, though never low enough to get it axed anytime soon, like Kochikame. I think it's safe to say that it's time in the spotlight has far passed.

Lord Dalek

I like to think the fact that the reason that Bleach has strong sales is because it's been on TV for so long. Once it ends, the sales will taper off.

Avaitor

So pretty much, the InuYasha factor.

New blog!