Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

I see they're preempting Titan and Bleach to catch people up on the dramatic and epic storytelling that characterized Space Dandy's last two episodes; episodes which will certainly hold importance to the overall lore and continuity moving forward. :sly:

LumRanmaYasha

Cowboy Bebop is coming back to the block in July. It'll likely replace Sym-Bionic Titan, which will be ending it's current run then.

LumRanmaYasha

Schedule starting from July 27th (I've bolded the changes):

11:30 - Attack on Titan
12:00 - Bleach
12:30 - Space Dandy
1:00 - Naruto: Shippuden
1:30 - One Piece
2:00 - Blue Exorcist
2:30 - Beware the Batman
3:00 - Black Lagoon

3:30 - Naruto
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars
5:30 - Samurai Jack

While nothing has been officially confirmed just yet, the Turner Press Release site is usually not wrong about the Toonami schedule. I honestly believe this will happen. Black Lagoon has been losing to Beware the Batman in total ratings and has a fair drop off from BE, while BTB's adult 18-49 ratings tend to be about the same or higher than it, and by the 27th Beware will start premiering episodes never before broadcast on television.  BL's performance also probably means we won't be seeing Roberta's Blood Trail on the block anytime soon, which is unfortunate.

Daikun

Jack at 5:30? :shit:

Also, Beware the Batman BEFORE Black Lagoon? :wth:

Avaitor

I haven't been keeping up with the ratings, but if Black Lagoon's numbers are that much lower, than I'm worried that they'd stay away from picking up more seinen for the block.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Daikun on June 18, 2014, 04:11:10 AM
Jack at 5:30? :shit:

Jack is the tamest show on the block. I think putting it at 5:30 makes much more sense than putting Bebop at 5:30.

Quote from: Avaitor on June 18, 2014, 10:06:17 AM
I haven't been keeping up with the ratings, but if Black Lagoon's numbers are that much lower, than I'm worried that they'd stay away from picking up more seinen for the block.

I think they'll just keep picking up shows that they like which is what they've always done. But they probably won't be favoring seinin pickups to shonen pickups.

Lord Dalek

All right... lets see Blue Exorcist kill Batman's ratings now.

LumRanmaYasha

Turns out Jason DeMarco answered some questions on Twitter yesterday. Here are the notable answers as listed by BrianLeague over at T-Z.

Quote- King Star King will not air during Daylight Saving Time again.
- They're not sure if Black Lagoon will move down to 3am.
- Black Lagoon keeps its full opening and ending because they cannot re-edit the masters without a "high degree of cost."
- Naruto: Shippuden will get a promo when they have time.
- They're not sure what Dragon Ball Z Kai will replace.
- They don't have much time for "arc promos," especially at the expense of show promos, game reviews, and other content.
- Space Dandy will get episode promos when new episodes return and Attack on Titan will continue to get them as well.
- It was not challenging to get Black Lagoon approved by the network.
- It's an "open question" as to whether or not Beware the Batman makes it easier to acquire other DC shows.

It seems like BL moving down to 3am is not set in stone yet. Also, it's good to hear new Dandy eps will still be promoted in addition to the AOT ones. I figured it'd be one or the other.

Skeeter Valentine

I've said it before but I'll say it again: Toonami needs to be on weekday afternoons to be successful. Most of their shows are just too long to tolerate once a week.

Foggle

Quote from: Skeeter Valentine on June 25, 2014, 04:21:42 AM
I've said it before but I'll say it again: Toonami needs to be on weekday afternoons to be successful. Most of their shows are just too long to tolerate once a week.
I've thought the same thing since the day it came back.

gunswordfist

I was thinking, how the hell do they get anywhere with One Piece? Even if they played it once everyday, you can't catch up on the show if you watch it daily. It should be like DBZ and have "new" episodes every weekday.

LumRanmaYasha

Toonami is doing fine weekly and the positive press releases and ratings it gets proves that. They really only have four-long runners in a block comprised of 13 different shows, and while those four would be more tolerable weekdays, the fact is that CN has no more interest in action cartoons and [adult swim]'s FOX comedies + Robot Chicken do way better in ratings than they would in weekday late-night slots, so there's no practical reason to put it on weekdays.

Rynnec

Not to mention putting Toonami back on weekdays would mean CN would have more control over it, and it would get an even bigger burn than it did in 2008.

gunswordfist

I don't give it shit, I want more Toonami. :bleh: