Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Yeah, but most of the modern DC animated movies I've seen were utterly rancid. Assault on Arkham and Flashpoint Paradox are among the worst films I've seen in years.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Also, if they were ever to air either of those movies (in the completely unlikely chance), they better as fuck use these promos.

Quote from: Foggle on September 28, 2014, 08:49:00 PMYeah, but most of the modern DC animated movies I've seen were utterly rancid. Assault on Arkham and Flashpoint Paradox are among the worst films I've seen in years.

Have you actually seen any of the ones that I specifically mentioned?

I actually didn't think that Flashpoint was that bad, but that may just be because the fact that Son of Batman and a few others that were insanely terrible lowered my standards by a considerable amount.

Either way, BOTH of the films that you mentioned were from AFTER Bruce Timm stepped down from producing these movies. All 3 that I mentioned were during his time as producer (and occasionally as a writer).

Foggle

Year One was good. Never saw New Frontier. Didn't even know there was a Wonder Woman film.

Flashpoint Paradox was definitely better than Son of Batman, Assault on Arkham, Justice League: War, etc, but it was still pretty bad IMO.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on September 28, 2014, 09:00:32 PMYear One was good. Never saw New Frontier. Didn't even know there was a Wonder Woman film.

Hence why I mentioned those 3 specifically, and not the entire body of DCAU DTV movies. Those 3 and Green Lantern: First Flight are legitimately good films, hence why I mentioned that they'd be awesome to air on the movie month, but won't happen because WB properties ain't cheap.

Flashpoint to me came off as more of a bad movie with some good aspects than a flat-out terrible one, is what I mean. It's like I feel that the movie could have actually worked if it was handled by better writers, whereas Son of Batman and the other post Bruce Timm-era films are terrible beyond hope.

Rynnec

Is Assault on Arkham really that terrible? I just heard it was a mediocre retread of the Suicide Squad episode of JLU.

Foggle

It's like Akame ga Kill but even edgier and starring DC characters.

Avaitor

Maybe they should air Superman: Doomsday.

"Ah, red and green- the colors of Christmas!" .3.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Rynnec

Quote from: Foggle on September 28, 2014, 09:35:06 PM
It's like Akame ga Kill but even edgier and starring DC characters.

I'm trying to imagine what that'd be like, and I think I may have cut my mind with all of that edge.

Daxdiv

Let's air The Dark Knight Returns and have both parts spread over 2 nights. Nah... that's probably too of an iconic Batman adaptation or something for them.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Oh crap, I forgot about TDKR. Both parts are great. That's another one you didn't factor in either,  Foggle. Convenient that you mostly only watched the post Bruce Timm-era DTV movies. :humhumhum:

Once again, though, I doubt that WB would fork it over for a reasonable price, so it probably won't ever air on Toonami.

Daikun

I'd like to see them air all 5 parts of Roberta's Blood Trail as a movie.

gunswordfist

I am loving Hellsing Ultimate. I still can't get episode 2 out of my head. So freaking cool.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Cooler's Revenge will re-air during this year's DST hour.

Couldn't they have at least chosen a different DBZ movie? Like, airing Return of Cooler would have made sense, wouldn't it? I know it's just the DST hour, but it still seems like a waste.  :??:

gunswordfist

Cooler's Revenge is much better.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

I honestly don't like either of them. I just think it's a waste to re-air the same dang movie twice in the same year, is all.