Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Lord Dalek

Translation: Just another Saturday on Toonami.

LumRanmaYasha

From the Toonami tumblr:

QuoteAnnouncement: Toonami Marathons for December

DBZ Kai Marathon – 12/19/15,  Episodes 44-50

One Piece Marathon – 12/26/15, Episodes 320-326

Special Note: DBZ Kai will not be running @ 8pm from 12/5 -12/26. It will resume airing at 8pm on January 2nd 2016.  You've been briefed.

Not really keen on how they've had at least one marathon every month these past 5 months. And another Kai marathon? Okay, now I have to put my foot down. Really hope they invest in some movies next year, because 7 marathons in a year, especially doing them in consecutive months, is way too much.

gunswordfist

Wait wait, marathons for December? What in the fuck?!!! Also, have they ever shown Battle Of The Gods?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Nope, they still haven't shown BOG. It would've been a perfect opportunity to do it to promote ROF when it was showing in theaters too...

gunswordfist

It sounds like they are still trying to live off of the hype of ROF...but without buying BOG. :whuh:

Foggle

They should just swap out one of the marathons for another showing of The Room IMO.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Foggle on November 21, 2015, 01:24:33 AM
They should just swap out one of the marathons for another showing of The Room IMO.

What is the anime equivalent of The Room anyway? Hard more: No Hentai/has to be block appropriate for Toonami.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Daxdiv on November 21, 2015, 01:58:19 AM

What is the anime equivalent of The Room anyway? Hard more: No Hentai/has to be block appropriate for Toonami.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmEESOXQJso

Foggle

Chargeman Ken marathon!

Lord Dalek

Shoulda gone with my Yule Log ide--OH WAIT ONE PIECE MARATHON IS THE SAME DAMN THING ISN'T IT???

Daxdiv

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on November 21, 2015, 02:10:35 AM
Quote from: Daxdiv on November 21, 2015, 01:58:19 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmEESOXQJso

I dunno why, but my favorite part in that video was when the annotation pointed out that the dubbers confused Malius' singing and internal monologue, so in the end he's singing his internal struggle. Not that it sounded like his singing was good to begin with, but hilarious nonetheless.

VLordGTZ

Samurai Champloo will be Michiko and Hatchin's replacement.

Also, DeMarco says that they tried to get Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine but were unable to due to the amount of nudity.

I've been meaning to re-watch SC for a while now, so I'll probably tune in when it airs.  It's a shame that they couldn't get Fujiko Mine, though.  :(  I hope that they try to get Blue Jacket if it's ever licensed.

gunswordfist

Didn't afternoon Toonami have Tenchi Muyo? I usually don't care for anime with nudity but this is ridiculous. Fujiko Mine should be on Toonami.

Lord Dalek

Lupin's in Discotek's hands now. If Adventure in Italy ever gets a stateside release it'll be sub only probably.