Beware The Batman

Started by Spark Of Spirit, October 04, 2011, 01:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Aw yeah, The Batman vs Dracula was a pretty cool dtv movie (I was honeslty super creeped out by it as a kid). I too wish The Brave and the Bold was gifted with it's own movie, since I can only imagine how stellar it could have been considering how great the show was throughout it's run already.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 28, 2013, 06:27:36 PM
I remember season 1 being snooze-worthy, season 2 being pretty good, season 3 being disappointing, season 4 being a step up, and season 5 being lame. But that was a while ago. All in all, it averages out to being pretty mediocre.

The movie was pretty good, though. Shame TB&TB didn't get a movie like The Batman did.
The Batman...got a movie? :shit: TB was a typical boring modern Saturday morning cartoon for me. Seeing its Joker was all I needed to see...
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 28, 2013, 08:25:53 PM
I remember season 1 being snooze-worthy, season 2 being pretty good, season 3 being disappointing, season 4 being a step up, and season 5 being lame. But that was a while ago. All in all, it averages out to being pretty mediocre.

The movie was pretty good, though. Shame TB&TB didn't get a movie like The Batman did.
The Batman...got a movie? :shit: TB was a typical boring modern Saturday morning cartoon for me. Seeing its Joker was all I needed to see...
Yep, it was way better than the show, though. It's worth seeing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 28, 2013, 08:27:46 PM

Like Turtles Forever?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 28, 2013, 08:35:41 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 28, 2013, 08:27:46 PM

Like Turtles Forever?
Not that good, but it was much better than any of the episodes I saw of the show and was considerably less bland.

It's not on par with the DCAU Batman movies or anything, but it's good.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Well of course not. I was just insulting TMNT2K3. Did they ever release an unedited version of that movie?

Spark Of Spirit

I don't think they ever did.

4Kids was never the generous type.

gunswordfist

Ugh. I also wonder if an uncut The Simpsons movie has been released.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 28, 2013, 09:37:55 PM
Ugh. I also wonder if an uncut The Simpsons movie has been released.

??? I'm pretty sure that movie is already "uncut."

hobbyfan

Brave & the Bold was cancelled too soon. It's a case study in a comedy adventure show done right.

Oh, and for those of you jonesin' for The Batman, exhibit A on why it deserved to get the hook would be reimagining the Joker as a barefoot Rastafarian hippie-type. A stoner he ain't!

LumRanmaYasha

65 episodes is a good run. Not many shows even make it that far. Obviously, I would have loved for the series to have continued longer, but I don't think it was unfairly cancelled or anything. Beware the Batman has shown promise to me, and even though it hasn't and maybe never will reach the heights of quality that Brave and the Bold or Batman: The Animated Series reached, it's a good show in it's own right, and it's sad to see Cartoon Network doesn't agree.

Avaitor

From Kurtwood Smith

QuoteI just did Beware The Batman, and it looks like that's not going to come back, so that?s too bad. I did a season of playing Commissioner Gordon on that, but I guess it's not doing as well as they would like or something. I don't know, it's not official yet. But it doesn't look good.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Daxdiv

Didn't see this show mentioned at all during the CN Upfront, while Teen Titans Go!, was. Well, looks like WB was banking on Beware the Batman to run for a while, since if they thought it was gonna to suck, they would have done something like what they did with the Looney Tunes, where they're giving Bugs Bunny a new show.

Daikun

I guess it should be posted here, too.

The series comes to Toonami on May 10, and the remaining episodes will make their premieres on the block.

Going by the calendar, the final episodes should start airing on July 26.