The Retro Gaming Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, November 20, 2011, 05:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 04, 2015, 08:19:45 PM
They all have good relationships with Nintendo. David Wise doing the Tropical Freeze soundtrack is proof of that. The Rare/Nintendo split was pure business, no one got sour over it. Other than fans, I mean.
I wouldn't even be surprised if Nintendo publishes the game and the dev team becomes second party like Retro.

Speaking of, imagine a modern Banjo-style collectathon as good as Tropical Freeze. I could die happy.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on February 04, 2015, 08:24:48 PM

I wouldn't even be surprised if Nintendo publishes the game and the dev team becomes second party like Retro.

Speaking of, imagine a modern Banjo-style collectathon as good as Tropical Freeze. I could die happy.

What this post basically says is: DK64 sequel, done right. :P

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on February 04, 2015, 08:24:48 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 04, 2015, 08:19:45 PM
They all have good relationships with Nintendo. David Wise doing the Tropical Freeze soundtrack is proof of that. The Rare/Nintendo split was pure business, no one got sour over it. Other than fans, I mean.

Don't do this to me. If we could get games like Banjo, Perfect Dark, and Jet Force Gemini in a new coat of paint while we wait for the next Retro, Next Level, or Intelligent Systems game, that would be awesome.

Now I'm hyped. Sigh.  >:(
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 04, 2015, 08:32:19 PM
Don't do this to me. If we could get games like Banjo, Perfect Dark, and Jet Force Gemini in a new coat of paint while we wait for the next Retro, Next Level, or Intelligent Systems game, that would be awesome.

Mwahahaha! Yes! Let the hype flow through you!

Really, all I want is a good Banjo-Threeie or something equivalent. They promised one at the end of Tooie, and Nuts & Bolts let me down so hard. My inner child can't take much more abuse in this regard.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on February 04, 2015, 08:36:17 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 04, 2015, 08:32:19 PM

Mwahahaha! Yes! Let the hype flow through you!

Really, all I want is a good Banjo-Threeie or something equivalent. They promised one at the end of Tooie, and Nuts & Bolts let me down so hard. My inner child can't take much more abuse in this regard.
For what it's worth, apparently the single player mode in Splatoon (Hero Mode) is a 3D platformer. It should be interesting to see how they do it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I didn't even know it had a single-player mode!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on February 04, 2015, 09:45:12 PM
I didn't even know it had a single-player mode!
They designed it specifically to be different from the multiplayer mode because they wanted to try new things with the paint mechanics. From the footage I've seen it reminds me a lot of Portal 2 and Jet Grind Radio which excites me. Plus it's a new Nintendo IP.

Yeah, I'm excited.

Foggle

Like Super Mario Sunshine in reverse, then? I can get down with that.

talonmalon333

What was you guys' first console?

Speedy

The Atari 2600, though I was a bit young to appreciate it.

talonmalon333

Well unless Spark as the Odyssey or something, I imagine that's the oldest we'll get. However, I'd still like to hear some others' first consoles. :P

Foggle

talonmalon333

Geez you're so young. Stop it.

LumRanmaYasha

I believe mine was the Gameboy Advance.