The Retro Gaming Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, November 20, 2011, 05:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

I love Adventures. It's a really fun Zelda clone with some great Arwing missions between worlds.

Kiddington

Quote from: Foggle on April 16, 2012, 06:30:46 PM
I love Adventures. It's a really fun Zelda clone with some great Arwing missions between worlds.

Oh, same here. Rare's take on the franchise was really a good one; too bad they never got a chance to handle a sequel.

Avaitor

I really liked Adventures when I first played it, but when I tried again, I got so bored that I didn't even make it to the second Arwing mission. It does hold a special place in my heart though, being my first Gamecube game and all.

I also haven't actually played Assault, aside from multiplayer.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

I guess this is as good a time as any to give my N64 collection! (This aren't in alphabetical order like most of my games so bare with me, they're kind of just in a random order)

Super Mario 64
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Star Fox 64
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Harvest Moon 64
Perfect Dark
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 64
Paper Mario
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Mario Tennis
South Park
South Park Rally
Mario Party
Mario Party 2
Yoshi's Story
Kirby 64
Rayman 2
Turok
Turok 2
Donkey Kong 64
Bomberman Hero
Body Harvest
Wave Race 64
Jet Force Gemini
Diddy Kong Racing
Star Wars Episode I Racer
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Snap
Hey You, Pikachu!
NFL Blitz
NFL Quarterback Club 98
Madden 99 (I have no idea what these last two are doing here...)
GameShark
GameShark Pro

Avaitor

These are the only games I still own:

Super Mario 64
Star Fox 64
Donkey Kong 64
Mario Party 3

I actually traded off my copy of Banjo-Kazooie to help pay for my SNES. I only did because it erased my files when I was in the middle of Grundy's trivia game. Which'll suck for whoever picks it up, hehe.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

My N64 collection isn't that big, mainly because I have been waiting for Rare re-releases on XBLA (SIGH... still waiting) and instead waiting for VC releases.

Super Mario 64
The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Star Fox 64
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Hybrid Heaven
GoldenEye 007
Perfect Dark
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 64
Mischief Makers
Ogre Battle 64
Paper Mario
Blast Corps.
Mario Tennis
Mario Party 3
Turok
Turok 2
Turok 3
WCW/NWO World Tour
WCW/NWO Revenge
WWF No Mercy
Body Harvest

I would already own the Goemon games if I could ever find them for under $50. I also really want Beetle Adventure Racing and Diddy Kong Racing as I love non-traditional racers.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

Rare has to get around to releasing their games on XBLA. I'd love a Conker's Bad Fur Day HD. (I prefer Bad Fur Day to Live & Reloaded)

Spark Of Spirit

Two winters ago my friend and I pulled out the N64 and played Conker's multiplayer.

It is still fully original and tons of fun. Why they ripped it out for the Xbox release I have no idea, but the N64 version is still superior despite blurrier graphics.

Rynnec

They probably changed the Multiplayer to cash in on Halo's popularity at the time.

Foggle

I greatly prefer the shooting levels in the Xbox Conker to those of the original, but the majority of the game is definitely far better on the N64, especially the multiplayer.

Commode

Along with the Pete and Pete sets I mentioned, I also found a copy of Pokemon Stadium 2 for $10.  I thought this game was quite rare, so I was kind of surprised to find it.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Yeah, most later-era N64 games are typically somewhat harder to find, aren't they? Banjo-Tooie always costs more than the original, Majora Mask also usually goes for more than OOT, and Paper Mario isn't too cheap either. If you can even find them.

I haven't even seen a copy of Pokemon Stadium 2 in years, which shows how hard it must be to find.

New blog!

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on April 22, 2012, 05:32:48 PM
I haven't even seen a copy of Pokemon Stadium 2 in years, which shows how hard it must be to find.
They have a copy at my local Play N Trade for like $15.

Commode

I figured it was harder to find simply because it came at a time when the Pokemon craze was dying down.  Its the same reason Crystal is rather difficult to find.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.