The Retro Gaming Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, November 20, 2011, 05:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

Quote from: AvaitorI haven't even seen a copy of Pokemon Stadium 2 in years, which shows how hard it must be to find.

I saw a copy for it a few years back. Unfourtunately, since my Silver's internal battery ran out, I had no reason to purchase it.

Eddy

If there's one thing I know it's that I wish I saved more boxes for my games. My parents always made me throw them out because they deemed them as taking up space and didn't get why I'd want to hold on to them. The only N64 games I still have the boxes for are Conker's Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark, Paper Mario, Harvest Moon 64, Kirby 64, Banjo-Tooie, Jet Force Gemini, South Park, South Park Rally, and Hey You, Pikachu!

And South Park Rally and Hey You, Pikachu! are pretty shitty games. :whuh:

gunswordfist

What the hell is Hey You, Pikachu?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Commode

Isn't that the one where you talk to your Pikachu or something?  I never played it.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

I hated every single N64 Pokemon game.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

That's the one. I remember wanting Hey You, Pikachu so bad when it came out, but my mom refused to buy it since it was $80. A few months later, it was already marked down to half price at WalMart, so we bought it then in a rare moment that I'd get a video game on an occasion that wasn't related to my birthday or Christmas as a kid.

To this day, I still think that was too much for it.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 22, 2012, 09:17:34 PM
I hated every single N64 Pokemon game.
Even Snap?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

But Stadium and Snap were awesome.  Never played Stadium 2, so this'll be my chance for that.

Spark Of Spirit

Snap was incredibly disappointing and short. I just really didn't get the hype.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

My favorite part of Stadium by far was the sushi-eating minigame. I wasn't crazy on the battles or playing the games on my TV, but I liked the minigames themselves.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 22, 2012, 09:27:53 PM
Snap was incredibly disappointing and short. I just really didn't get the hype.
Eh, yeah it was short, but I think that's kind of the point, it was supposed to be an arcade-like experience, like Star Fox.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Stadium was a shit-ton of fun. I have no idea what Desensitized is talking about. :srs:

As for Snap, I liked it when I was a kid, but that's a game I can admit is completely shallow and boring when I look back on it. Aside from nostalgia, it doesn't really have too much value to it, IMO.

Foggle

Never liked Snap, honestly. Stadium is awesome, though... so many fun times in multiplayer with bros. And playing the Game Boy games on my TV was amazing.

Avaitor

I have a bit of strong nostalgia for Snap since it was my first N64 game. It's not exactly a masterpiece, sure, but it's at least worth the $10 on the VC IMO.

New blog!

Commode

Playing the Game Boy games on the TV wasn't that big of a deal though, since I could already do that with my Super Game Boy, although the Dodrio mode made playing the games a bit easier, since it sped them up.

Spark Of Spirit

I never got into the Stadium style game because I just didn't get the appeal. I mean, I get the appeal, but it's really not what I wanted.

Most Pokemon spinoffs in general come just short of being in-depth enough for me. Which is a shame because the series has loads of potential for anything.