The Retro Gaming Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, November 20, 2011, 05:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Sonic Adventure 2 is headed to XBLA and PSN on the 3rd of October 2012

This one looks like to have effort put into it (like widescreen), so if you don't have it, now's your chance!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Has anyone here played a Japanese Dreamcast game named Bomber Hehhe!? It looks/sounds great, but I can't find a copy cheaper than $80 or a working torrent...

Foggle

Quote from: Foggle on June 19, 2012, 08:23:07 PM
Has anyone here played a Japanese Dreamcast game named Bomber Hehhe!? It looks/sounds great, but I can't find a copy cheaper than $80 or a working torrent...
Found a place to download it. Get like 20 kb/s from their server, though.

Anyway, Dreamcast is amazing so far. I forgot how much I love Crazy Taxi.

Spark Of Spirit

Double Dragon II is now on the Virtual Console.

FINALLY.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I miss playing games like Ready 2 Rumble and Vigilante 8. Once I think about it, Foggle should get those games for Dreamcast (I think it's just the second installment of each series that's available on the console though)
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Commode

Bought a boxed copy of Diddy's Kong Quest for 20 bucks.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Nel_Annette

Popped in The Simpsons Hit & Run on a whim. Think the last time I played was 2004. Was pretty quickly reminded why this was one of my favorite games.

Commode

I love that game, probably my favorite Simpsons game(sorry Arcade).  I have it for GCN, PS2, and Xbox, all for different reasons, because at one point or another I didn't have each respective system or it's backwards compatible successors on hand, and when you want to play the game and only have a Wii you go out and buy the GCN version.  So yeah, all three.

Nel_Annette

It might just be in my top 10. The levels, the atmosphere when you're just walking, the music when you're driving, the spot-on Simpsons dialogue, the plot, the collectibles. I freaking love it. There are some really annoying missions, but they even put a mercy mode in there.

Shame I didn't like The Simpsons Game though. Only played the Wii version though. Was the XBox 360 version any better? Because the motion controls were part of the problem with that.

I also like Road Rage to an extent. Sure it's a Crazy taxi rip, but I had fun with that one.

Kiddington

Quote from: Comeau on June 30, 2012, 07:14:08 PM

WHERE are you finding all these boxed copies?  :wth:

The only one that the indy game store here has ever had (that's actually worth buying) is my copy of F-Zero X (which, coincidentally, is also my only N64 boxed copy). The rest of it was just old sport sim junk; Madden, NHL Breakaway, stuff like that. I think they also had a complete Superman 64 once too IIRC, but for obvious reasons I didn't touch that one.  :blush:

Boxes are pretty useless for cartridge games, but I'd still love to have 'em. Too bad they're so hard to find anymore, at least around here anyway.

Commode

Quote from: Kiddington on June 30, 2012, 10:54:19 PM

Well, we've got two awesome used video game stores in the area, one in Virginia Beach and one in Chesapeake.  Want a boxed copy of Donkey Kong 64(complete with the N64 expansion pack), or Tony Hawk's American Sk8land for GBA, or Cool World for SNES(a video game based of that terrible Ralph Bakshi film), or Jurassic Park for Game Boy, or Sim City for SNES?  Come to Virginia, the store I went to today(the one in Chesapeake) had all of these, plus other stuff like a boxed gold Pokemon Game Boy Advance and a boxed green Donkey Kong 64 Nintendo 64.

Commode

BTW, I have interest in buying a Saturn, is there any games for it though that I should look out for?

Kiddington

Quote from: Comeau on June 30, 2012, 11:08:51 PM
Quote from: Kiddington on June 30, 2012, 10:54:19 PM

Well, we've got two awesome used video game stores in the area, one in Virginia Beach and one in Chesapeake.  Want a boxed copy of Donkey Kong 64(complete with the N64 expansion pack), or Tony Hawk's American Sk8land, or Cool World(a video game based of that terrible Ralph Bakshi film), or Jurassic Park for Game Boy, or Sim City for SNES?  Come to Virginia, the store I went to today(the one in Chesapeake) had all of these, plus other stuff like a boxed gold Pokemon Game Boy Advance and a boxed green Donkey Kong 64 Nintendo 64.

:swoon:

God I wish our indy game store was that good. The place is okay I guess, but the selection really varies from time to time (they haven't had squat the last couple of times I've gone down), and a lot of it is overpriced anyway (although I did find a copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day a few months ago for only $25, and I see it regularly goes for at least $40 on Amazon, so that was pretty cool).

Commode

Yeah, my copy of Conker I paid 50-60 bucks for, it's one of the few games I've over paid for.

Rynnec

Quote from: Comeau on June 30, 2012, 11:10:36 PM
BTW, I have interest in buying a Saturn, is there any games for it though that I should look out for?

Going solely by critical reception:

NIGHTS into Dreams

the Panzer Dragoon Trilogy

Saturn Bomberman