The Retro Gaming Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, November 20, 2011, 05:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Quote from: Foggle on December 19, 2012, 12:07:41 AM
Quote from: Avaitor on December 18, 2012, 11:48:10 PM
One of my local Gorilla Games has one, but the kind that can only play NES and Genesis games for some reason. It's $70, and I was actually considering it.
I'd avoid that, I think you'd be getting ripped off. Play N Trade here has the one that does all three for like $50.
Yeah, sounds like it. Besides, I found a place at the flea market that can sell me an actual NES for $20, so I can go that route, too.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

Those are pretty cool, but same as any clone, there is a few certain games that won't work on it. Most titles will work fine though, amongst the bigger titles I know Kirby's Adventure might have issues, I think there's a Castlevania that might not work as well. Also, I'd try and find some actual Nintendo and Sega controllers, I can't imagine using those cheapie things.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

I wasn't sure whether to post that in next-gen or here, but... come on, that is cool.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

The PS2 has just been officially discontinued in Japan. I'm still stunned at how long this system has been on the shelves, but I think Sony deserves kudos for this system lasting as long as it has.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, its a system that still received some genuinely good support well past its own generation, even getting some big title releases well into the proceeding generation (for example, it got God of War II in 2007, which I'm not saying I'm a fan of, but it shows how relevant the system still was at that point). Its very telling that it still had a few years extra life-span in North America and Europe as well, where most gamers seem far more ready to just trash the older stuff in favor of what's newer, just BECAUSE its newer and they have the attention span of goldfish.

Spark Of Spirit

Also, it seems Japan's Game Center CX has entered the 16-bit generation with Sonic The Hedgehog...

So weird that it's in season 9 already.

Foggle

Well, the PS2 is the best console ever, so... :sly:

talonmalon333

Yeah, I was just about to say, the PS2 has to be one of the top 5 best consoles. Easily.

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 30, 2012, 03:25:14 PM
Yeah, I was just about to say, the PS2 has to be one of the top 5 best consoles. Easily.
Despite what some jackasses here think, PS2 is one of the very best consoles of all time.

Anyway, today I tried Counter Operative for the first time in Perfect Dark and then the 3rd challenge in Combat Simulator, both with my baby brother.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 30, 2012, 03:51:11 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on December 30, 2012, 03:48:54 PM
Despite what some jackasses here think

Who?
One of them just posted beneath me. :humhumhum:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

I'd say the SNES is probably better, but I have over 25 games for the PS2 and I'm still discovering awesome ones I haven't played yet. (That's not even counting HD ports or the multiplatform titles I have on PC/GC). Plus, I just picked up a Japanese PS2 to play some of those delicious import-only games.

No other console even compares for me.

Spark Of Spirit

I'd list it at #6, myself.

The NES, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, and PS1, just do it better for me.

Foggle

talonmalon333

The PC is obviously the best. But if you don't want to count it, I'd say the PS2 only gets competition from the SNES, Genesis, PS1, and maybe NES.