The Retro Gaming Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, November 20, 2011, 05:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Nel_Annette on July 16, 2013, 07:04:21 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 16, 2013, 06:43:12 PM
Club Nintendo rewards are out now folks.

I grabbed myself a Majora's Mask soundtrack. (I'm really hoping they put out DKC1 and 2 soundtracks next year)

Me too. As I said on the other forum, I already own the Japanese release, but hey, it's free.

The site says on my "to-do" list that I still need to pick a prize though. The heck? Thought we were only allowed one.
That might be a glitch. I saw that too, but now that I go back it seems to be gone.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

Thanks. No one was responding to me about it at the other place. Morality kept me from even attempting to choose something.  :lol: That and I didn't want to "push" the soundtrack out in favor of something else.

I would have preferred some kind of Year Of Luigi prize personally. But I won't say no Majora's Mask.

Spark Of Spirit

I got a cool Luigi coin at the Best Buy thing, I'm kind of surprised they haven't put that on the store yet. But then, there's a lot they could be putting on the store that they aren't.  :sweat:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

The last thing I got from Club Nintendo was that Super Mario Accessories basket that was on the store for like less than a week or something. Kind of glad I jumped on that considering I haven't seen it in the Club store for a while. I still wished they got more shit in there.

That and I decided to jump on the CD as well.  Kind of wished there was a Luigi themed item in there. I mean, Majora's Mask CD feels random. I wonder if Nintendo is trying to tell me something.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm gonna bet that a Majora's Mask remake will be released for the 3DS next year. It's an easy way to keep Zelda fresh for players that way.

Daxdiv

Earthbound is out today on the WiiU for like $9.99, you know what you must do!

Nel_Annette

Are all the SNES games that pricey?  :whuh:

Oh well. Guess I'll buy.

Commode

10 dollars is a hell of a lot better than the hundreds of dollars that even loose carts have been going for the last several years. I just wish it would be released on the 3DS VC.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Foggle

Quote from: Comeau on July 18, 2013, 11:46:47 AM
10 dollars is a hell of a lot better than the hundreds of dollars that even loose carts have been going for the last several years. I just wish it would be released on the 3DS VC.
Or the Wii VC.

Avaitor

Quote from: Foggle on July 18, 2013, 11:51:13 AM
Or the Wii VC.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

This does make me wonder when Nintendo is going to bother to port SNES games to the 3DS anyway. I mean so far they only have NES, GB, GBC, and Game Gear games available to the public.

Avaitor

I'd also like to see the Wii U allow for Saturn or even Dreamcast games on the VC.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nel_Annette

I am glad EarthBound is here, don't get me wrong, but every time I visit the Wii U's Virtual Console page, it just makes me angry at how empty it is. When I first got the console, I hadn't really paid attention to much VC news and simply assumed that everything from the Wii's VC would already be on there for buying. Playing the waiting game twice isn't fun at all.

Foggle

And when are Nintendo going to make the Ambassador games available on the 3DS eShop? ANY other company would have released that shit for regular purchase no more than two months later.

Spark Of Spirit

SHANTAE IS ALSO OUT ON THE 3DS VC WHY DID NO ONE MENTION THAT.

Also, Capcom announced that they're going to be releasing the Game Boy Mega Man and Mega Man Extreme games on the 3DS VC. Took long enough.

Quote from: Foggle on July 18, 2013, 01:51:32 PM
And when are Nintendo going to make the Ambassador games available on the 3DS eShop? ANY other company would have released that shit for regular purchase no more than two months later.
They're all available. If you mean GBA games, they're not out because Nintendo has never confirmed GBA games for the 3DS.

Quote from: Nel_Annette on July 18, 2013, 01:45:39 PM
I am glad EarthBound is here, don't get me wrong, but every time I visit the Wii U's Virtual Console page, it just makes me angry at how empty it is. When I first got the console, I hadn't really paid attention to much VC news and simply assumed that everything from the Wii's VC would already be on there for buying. Playing the waiting game twice isn't fun at all.
You can go into Wii mode and buy any VC game there, but they won't have Miiverse or Gamepad enhancements or stuff like customization. You can buy any of them now if you don't mind the lack of enhancements.