The Retro Gaming Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, November 20, 2011, 05:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 18, 2013, 05:44:05 PM
Quote from: Foggle on July 18, 2013, 01:51:32 PM
And when are Nintendo going to make the Ambassador games available on the 3DS eShop? ANY other company would have released that shit for regular purchase no more than two months later.
They're all available. If you mean GBA games, they're not out because Nintendo has never confirmed GBA games for the 3DS.
Which is extremely stupid. It's like they don't want all the money people would gladly pay in a heartbeat for those games.

Nel_Annette

You can go into Wii mode and buy any VC game there, but they won't have Miiverse or Gamepad enhancements or stuff like customization. You can buy any of them now if you don't mind the lack of enhancements.

That's exactly why I don't delve into my Wii VC library more than I have to. That and the damn thing didn't even have enough memory to hold all the games I bought. Extremely annoying.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on July 18, 2013, 05:51:43 PM
Quote from: Foggle on July 18, 2013, 01:51:32 PM
And when are Nintendo going to make the Ambassador games available on the 3DS eShop? ANY other company would have released that shit for regular purchase no more than two months later.
They're all available. If you mean GBA games, they're not out because Nintendo has never confirmed GBA games for the 3DS.
Which is extremely stupid. It's like they don't want all the money people would gladly pay in a heartbeat for those games.
Hopefully whenever they get to these they'll actually have things like sleep mode, menu access, and customization. Personally, I would like to also see Virtua Boy and Neo Geo Pocket Color added as well.

I would also like to see a bunch more on the Wii-U VC like:

Master System
Genesis
Neo Geo
Amiga
Sega CD
32X
N64
Saturn
Dreamcast
Gamecube

But at least they've finally moved over fully to Wii-U VC support. They just need to get the other guys back on like Sega. Sega would be crazy to not take full advantage of something like the VC.

Quote from: Nel_Annette on July 18, 2013, 05:54:23 PM
You can go into Wii mode and buy any VC game there, but they won't have Miiverse or Gamepad enhancements or stuff like customization. You can buy any of them now if you don't mind the lack of enhancements.

That's exactly why I don't delve into my Wii VC library more than I have to. That and the damn thing didn't even have enough memory to hold all the games I bought. Extremely annoying.
Personally, I just invested in a 1TB harddrive. I'm definitely not going through the aggravation of the 360 again!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

GaryPotter

Decided to pull out my old PS2 and play some of the JRPGs I spent way too much money on last decade.

I forgot how much slowdown PS2 games were prone to. This kind of thing never happened on the GameCube.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Question 1- Is $30 for a copy of Contra III good?
Question 2- Name a game I should buy from the Wii's VC while I still can.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

#1: If it includes the box and manual. Otherwise I think it can be found cheaper.
#2: This

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 01, 2013, 09:41:19 PM
#1: If it includes the box and manual. Otherwise I think it can be found cheaper.
Fair deal. I could probably get it for free anyway if I decide on the right stuff to trade in for credit, but I might save the $10 of credit and go for DKC 2 instead.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 01, 2013, 09:41:19 PM
#2: This
hmm, looks good! I really want to build up my VC collection.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

This month's Club Nintendo rewards are:

Art Style Cubello - 150 coins (Wii)
The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past - 150 coins (Wii)
Metroid - 150 coins (3DS)
Dillon's Rolling Western - 200 coins (3DS)

Not a bad month, but I'm still sitting on way too many coins and already have these.

Avaitor

I wish I had the coins to hit up ALTTP.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

A heads up for Club Nintendo members- there's a 10 coin survey out that expires on the 10th of November.

So get to it ASAP.

Commode

So I decided to start buying NES games with boxes/manuals, and I decided to start with the initial launch line up from 1985.  The bright side of this, many of the games, such as Excitebike, Golf, Kung Fu, Wild Gunman, Duck Hunt, hell even Super Mario Bros can be found easily for pretty cheap(around $20-$30 at most).  The down side?  Fucking Stack-Up.  This one is gonna kill me.

Also have boxed copies of many other games, like all four NES Simpsons games, all three DKC games, both NES Contras, Super Castlevania, and even Super Famicom versions of Turtles in Time, Yoshi's(Yossy's) Island, Super Metroid, and Super Donkey Kong 2.  Most of these are all from the last couple of months.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

gunswordfist

About 2 weeks ago, I saw that my great grandmother had a Sega Saturn in her closet. Within this hour, I checked it out and it turns on just fine and both its controllers work. ;D Now I got to get some games and see if they'll work.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Last night I asked and she gave me the Saturn. Any recommendations? Besides Saturn Bomberman,  which is at the top of my list. ;)
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody