The Retro Gaming Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, November 20, 2011, 05:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

...really? i guess gs being prerendered makes sense once i think about it.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

talonmalon333

Where are most of the pre-Microsoft Rare people nowadays?

Spark Of Spirit

All over the place. I have long since lost where most of them drifted off to.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 04, 2015, 06:06:14 PM
Apparently, some of them might have gotten together to make a Banjo spiritual successor. According to Grant Kirkhope, there may be an announcement in a game magazine this month regarding it. :joy:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on February 04, 2015, 07:03:40 PM
Apparently, some of them might have gotten together to make a Banjo spiritual successor. According to Grant Kirkhope, there may be an announcement in a game magazine this month regarding it. :joy:
Yes, I remember that getting shelved due to lack of time for all involved, but it seems to be coming back. I'm definitely interested in seeing what it will be.

I'm still floored that the ex-Rare guys never reformed a new studio. They would make a killing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 04, 2015, 07:23:47 PM
Yes, I remember that getting shelved due to lack of time for all involved, but it seems to be coming back. I'm definitely interested in seeing what it will be.

I'm still floored that the ex-Rare guys never reformed a new studio. They would make a killing.
Hopefully that's what's happening now. I've also heard rumors that Microsoft has commissioned new Rare to make an actual Banjo 3, but again, they're just rumors.

If both of these things prove true, my inner child will be so happy this year.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on February 04, 2015, 07:03:40 PM

Hopefully that'll be multiplatform.

Foggle

My guess is that it'd be released for Wii U and PC.

talonmalon333

Spark Of Spirit

If it's a kickstarter, all the systems will probably be in the stretch goals.

Quote from: Foggle on February 04, 2015, 07:57:09 PM
My guess is that it'd be released for Wii U and PC.
The way Nintendo has been going after indie games (they literally sent Yacht Club Games a free dev kit when they formed because of their pedigree) I wouldn't be surprised if they're already in on it.

gunswordfist

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 04, 2015, 08:01:14 PM
Why not Sony and Microsoft?
Wii U and PC are cheaper to develop for, and I have a feeling that a lot of the older Rareware employees may hold some sort of attachment to Nintendo.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on February 04, 2015, 08:14:30 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 04, 2015, 08:01:14 PM
Why not Sony and Microsoft?
Wii U and PC are cheaper to develop for, and I have a feeling that a lot of the older Rareware employees may hold some sort of attachment to Nintendo.
They all have good relationships with Nintendo. David Wise doing the Tropical Freeze soundtrack is proof of that. The Rare/Nintendo split was pure business, no one got sour over it. Other than fans, I mean.