Dragon Seeds
Final Fantasy VII
Spyro the Dragon
Twisted Metal 2
Silent Hill
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

I haven't played Suikoken II yet.

Foggle

I want to get all the Klonoa games someday. :)

My favorite PS1 games:

Alundra
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Crash Bandicoot 2
Fear Effect 2
Parasite Eve
Persona 2 (Innocent Sin & Eternal Punishment)
Resident Evil 2
Silent Hill
Suikoden 2
Vagrant Story

Spark Of Spirit

A lot of good games I didn't list. The PS1 was a great console.

Quote from: Foggle on February 11, 2015, 09:29:16 PM
I want to get all the Klonoa games someday. :)
They're all fairly short and easy, but they're so enjoyable, creative, and fun that it just doesn't matter. Klonoa 1 (PS1 and Wii) and 2 (PS2) are gems and the GBA games are really good, too.

Shame Namco doesn't appear to like the series very much anymore.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

i have never played resident evil 1, metal gear solid, twisted metal 2 (maybe a little), final fantasy vii, silent hill, vagrant story, parasite eve, fear effect 2 (or 1), suidoken 2 (or 1), persona 2 and alundra.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Suikoden II really benefits if you play through Suikoden I and get all 108 Stars of Destiny then take that save into the sequel. Not only do you get to have the protagonist of the original game in your party, but it enriches the story far more if you do.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

that sounds amazing...is there any legal way to do that?

ps1 seemed to use saves for bonus material a lot. a remember a few racing games gave you special cars for having saves from games in other genres.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

You beat the game with all 108 characters (or download a save that has it, I think that's legal) then start Suikoden II and load off the Suikoden I data. You get a few new scenarios and dialogues when you do.

talonmalon333

I do want to get around to the first two Suikoden games, if nothing else. I also would like to play the other three, but I'm not sure I have the time for that. Suikoden II is a definite, though. Thankfully it's been released on PSN as I wasn't going to pay the high prices it demands online.

Spark Of Spirit

It's one of the few game series I'd recommend using a guide for recruiting characters. Unfortunately, there are a lot of miss-able characters and getting them all in both games gives you the best ending and a lot more characters to use and abilities for your fortress.

Otherwise, if you like RPGs, you're very likely to enjoy the series.

talonmalon333

Nice to see something like that standing up to the wave of great Square RPGs of its era.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 11, 2015, 10:34:19 PM
Nice to see something like that standing up to the wave of great Square RPGs of its era.
Suikoden and Vandal Hearts were both really good. Konami at one time had its foot in the RPG door. It has since lost all that like they've lost everything else.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 11, 2015, 10:35:59 PMthey've lost everything else.

No they haven't. They still have Castlevania Silent Hill Suikoden Contra Metal Gear Solid! They still have Metal Gear Solid.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 11, 2015, 10:44:26 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 11, 2015, 10:35:59 PMthey've lost everything else.

No they haven't. They still have Castlevania Silent Hill Suikoden Contra Metal Gear Solid! They still have Metal Gear Solid.
Coming soon: Metal Gear Solid VI: Space Dinosaurs from the Grave starring Baby Snake!

In all seriousness, Konami's (and Capcom's) fall from gaming grace has been one of the biggest disappointments of the last generation to me.

talonmalon333

I have a question about the Retron 5. Is that thing... legal? I'm just wondering out of curiosity.

Speedy

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 15, 2015, 09:31:32 PM
I have a question about the Retron 5. Is that thing... legal? I'm just wondering out of curiosity.
Yes, since it's reverse engineering.  If it actually took the components from an actual NES or SNES, that would be illegal.  But they're re-programming it from scratch, hence why certain games have emulation issues.