AR Book Club

Started by Dr. Insomniac, December 31, 2010, 03:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm going to check those out after I read A Dance With Dragons.

Anyways, I'm about halfway through AFFC right now, and I'm loving the Cersei/Jaime story-lines. Brienne's story is a bit slow paced, but still interesting to follow, and I really like all of the stuff having to do with Dorne in the aftermath of a certain event from ASOS. Sam and Arya are also both a treat, as always. That said, the Iron Islands storyline is pretty boring for me so far. I've never really liked any of the Ironborn storyline characters, as they tend to be either really unlikable or just not all that interesting, IMO, but I'm sure that all of this buildup will lead somewhere, eventually.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I finally bought A Dance With Dragons, so I'll be reading that over the next couple of weeks.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Picked up American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I plan to start reading it pretty soon, since I'll probably finish ADWD tonight.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I finally finished ADWD, which means that I'm finally caught up with the main story-line of ASOIAF. It's going to be really tough waiting for The Winds of Winter to come out, now.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on January 18, 2015, 11:03:02 AM
Picked up American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I plan to start reading it pretty soon, since I'll probably finish ADWD tonight.
You might like "Eight Days of Luke" by Diana Wynne Jones. That's where Gaiman got the idea to write that book.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'll add it to my backlog and check it out sometime after I read this one. ;)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Reading American Gods is like a breath of fresh air when it comes to pros. After five books of GRRM's writing style, as much as I love his stories, the long-winded nature of his paragraphs get to be a bit too much at times. It's almost jarring (in a good way), to see a much more to-the-point format from Neil Gaiman.

On another note, I also picked up Jaws from Peter Benchley. I'm curious to see how the original story stacks up to the cinematic classic, for me.

gunswordfist

everyone, anyone, please recommend me any good scifi book you can think of, no matter what other subgenres it has. thank you.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 23, 2015, 08:49:49 PM
everyone, anyone, please recommend me any good scifi book you can think of, no matter what other subgenres it has. thank you.
Citizen of the Galaxy by Robert Heinlein.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

gunswordfist

Thank you spark and insomniac.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

gunswordfist

thank you, spark of spirit.