What Are You Watching?

Started by Avaitor, October 21, 2012, 02:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

Well alright.  I'll see you guys in May, if not sooner.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Peanutbutter on November 25, 2013, 06:45:41 PM

And I don't know why people doubt this was permanent. If they don't push the reset button at the end, that means they're not coming back. Have Diane Simmons, Jillian's boyfriend, Muriel Goldman come back? Or the Vaudeville Duo and Paddy? Yeah, I think they meant what they said.

None of those characters were essential to the show in the same way Brian was, though. I'm not saying that I think they'll bring him back, but they had James Woods come back even though Diane killed him in "And Then There Were Fewer." If they would bring back to life a recurring guest star that admittedly has good eps but is non-essential, then it isn't out of the question for them to simply revive Brian if Vinnie doesn't work out for them.

Quote from: Avaitor on November 25, 2013, 06:30:41 PM
Yeah, I don't really keep up with the Fox shows either. I  didn't even know that Flanders and Mrs. Krabappel were married until a couple of months ago.

I still keep up with American Dad and Bobs Burgers. Both have been hit and miss lately, but I still get enough of a kick out of them to keep watching.

Daxdiv

gunswordfist

Quote from: Comeau on November 25, 2013, 06:59:23 PM
Well alright.  I'll see you guys in May, if not sooner.
Are you shipping out?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Commode

lol no.  What I'm saying is I'm not convinced Brian is gone and that he'll be back on the show by the time of the season finale in May.

Although I don't intend to watch every(or any really) episode until then.  The episode from other day where he "died" was the first time I had seen the show in well over a year.

LumRanmaYasha

Did you check the link I posted? They seem serious about this, so I doubt they'll undo his death this season. If anything, they might undo it next season, but for now Brian is dead and Vinnie is his replacement.

Commode

Yeah, and as others have posted elsewhere, there's several upcoming episodes that feature Brian in some way, including a few where his name is in the title.  Also there's a Comic Con image floating around where he is clearly visible, as well as Cleveland, who isn't even back in the show yet.

Besides, I don't trust the writers/producers of this show as far as I can throw them.

LumRanmaYasha

Ah man, I stopped watching The Amazing World of Gumball for a while, but the last few episodes have been absolutely amazing. In particular, "The Sweaters" was absolutely hilarious and "The World" was conceptually brilliant. More episodes like these please!

But while my interest in Regular Show, MAD, and Gumball have been re-vitalized for now, I'm finding myself bored with Adventure Time and Steven Universe, so I probably will drop them for now. I'll have to re-evaluate Uncle Grandpa and Teen Titans Go! since I haven't watched them much recently, but I feel I'll probably drop them for good as well.

Commode

Kiddington

Is this even a surprise?

Like I can't imagine anyone being genuinely shocked by this news.

Avaitor

I'm just wondering which Simpsons character they're going to kill off when it's time for that. My speculation is that it'll either be Abe or Sideshow Bob.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

I finished part 2 of Gamma World on The Avengers today.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I liked Gamma World. It's where Hawkeye became the breakout character for me.

gunswordfist

Just finished watching Kang The Conqueror. When he teleported into the room with Capt and Tony and was like "Hey, it's Metron...oh, wait, that's Kang." :>

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Kang's story arc is my personal favorite in the series. The Ultron and Asgard arcs are also really good. The Skrull arc in the first half of season 2 is excellent, though after that most of the rest of the show just features stand-alone episodes of varying quality.