What Are You Watching?

Started by Avaitor, October 21, 2012, 02:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I kind of see why TT has a strong fanbase. I do think they have some interesting personalities, even if they are pretty cliched.

And yeah, stay far far away from The Batman.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

There's this neat set of deluxe Batmobiles a company in England made, and a bunch of those are available at my local comic book shop. They have the one from The Batman, but not from B:TAS.

The hell.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

I honestly don't see your opinion on TT changing, man. Honestly, I think it's a better show when it doesn't take itself seriously (which it does a bit too often) but I still consider it about average overall.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Me neither, but I'm at least giving it until the end of season 2 since all of its fans claim that it's the best part of the show.

LumRanmaYasha

I still think the Trigon arc is much better than the Terra arc, and that it's by far the best one in the show. Season 2 does have more standout episodes than season 4, though, so I can see why more people prefer that season overall.

gunswordfist

Actually, yesterday morning I stopped at the start of the season finale with the Masters Of Evil and the stones. Now I am up to the episode where the Skrull Avengers attack Wakanda. A lot of good appearances have been made: Sue Summers, Rulk, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Konan, Super Skrull, Agent Brand and S.W.O.R.D., War Machine and the newer Guardians Of The Galaxy. I am impressed. Also, Maria Hill is a bitch in everything she's in. She was the same way in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and the comics.

gunswordfist

Quote from: gunswordfist on December 17, 2013, 01:05:16 PM
Actually, yesterday morning I stopped at the start of the season finale with the Masters Of Evil and the stones. Now I am up to the episode where the Skrull Avengers attack Wakanda. A lot of good appearances have been made: Sue Summers, Rulk, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Konan, Super Skrull, Agent Brand and S.W.O.R.D., War Machine and the newer Guardians Of The Galaxy. I am impressed. Also, Maria Hill is a bitch in everything she's in. She was the same way in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and the comics.
Oh and Beta Ray Bill. I really liked that episode. It also made me understand whatthehell Beta Ray Bill is. I've only seen him in S.W.O.R.D. and that crappy Planet Hulk movie, so what can you expect?

Nel_Annette

Just picked up the Hey Arnold movie off of Amazon of $2. Pretty sure the shipping was more than the product.  :lol: Felt like while I'm marathoning the show, I might as well just finish the collection and get the movie, which I've only ever seen once and the only scene I remember is Helga's confession. (Pretty sure that was the only reason anyone watched it; I think that was the main advertising point back in the day.)

Avaitor

I think I've seen it twice- once when it came out on video and I rented it, and some time later when Nick aired the movie.

I don't remember liking it as a kid, which doesn't bode well for how I'd take it now.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Early this morning I watched the Spider-Man and the first Vision episode. Those episodes made me decide the order of my favorite Avengers:
5. Hulk
4. Iron Man
3. Thor
2. Hawkeye (I'm still laughing at him trying to sucker punch Black Panther)
1. Cap (The Spider-Man and Skrull prison episodes won me over)

I also watched Assault On 42 less than an hour ago. The episode was great and then they revealed that the leader of the bugs is the main villain from my favorite comic book event so I liked it even more from there on. This show is getting really addictive.

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Avaitor on December 18, 2013, 08:08:13 AM
I think I've seen it twice- once when it came out on video and I rented it, and some time later when Nick aired the movie.

I don't remember liking it as a kid, which doesn't bode well for how I'd take it now.

Reading the synopsis, I think I didn't like it much either, but whatevs. $2 for a mediocre movie that was only meant to be a TV special.  :lol: Aaaaand now my dvds are acting up, so I'm thinking it may be wise to invest in the Shout Factory versions of the releases. I assume the dvd quality would be higher than the old "you order it we print it" ones I have.

Avaitor

I only own season 1, but the quality's aite. About as good as you'd expect for an almost 20-year-old show I guess.

New blog!

Nel_Annette

:lol: Actually, I mean the physical dvd itself in terms of quality. Some of them won't play at certain spots, and just freeze.

Avaitor

Quote from: Nel_Annette on December 18, 2013, 10:18:44 PM
:lol: Actually, I mean the physical dvd itself in terms of quality. Some of them won't play at certain spots, and just freeze.
Oh, well definitely. That's why I never did the Amazon stuff.

New blog!