Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 24, 2011, 02:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I just rewatched this movie the other day, and thought it was still highly enjoyable. Especially watching it now after knowing more about the franchise and seeing it so faithful to the comic (toned down for general audiences of course) is quite enjoyable. It also doesn't go overboard with the comedy.

The second movie is clearly inspired more by the animated series, and it shows. No Casey Jones (uh, why?), wackier humor, a bit too much pizza referencing, and the characterizations were changed a bit (Ralph is less hotheaded like the comic and more sarcastic like the toon), and it isn't as good as the original. But it's still a decent watch.

I have not rewatched the third movie... and I don't really want to. Turtles In Time was my favorite TMNT game (and one of my absolute fave games at the time) and they totally ruined a concept for a really good film.

TMNT '07 makes up for the shortcomings off both 2 and 3, but it's a bit jumbled at times. It's still a fine enough film on it's own, though. Even if it didn't have enough Donny and Mike.

What did you guys think of the TMNT movies?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I think I liked the movies as a kid, at least the first two. Don't recall ever seeing the third. I haven't seen them in a while though and never got around to seeing TMNT.

I always wanted to at least rewatch the first one. Somewhere along the line I'll try to.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Angus

Wasn't Kevin Nash of pro wrestilng the Super Shredder?

Adaptation was decent. I can't remember if they used a ton of CGI like they would with the cartoon turned movie these days.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon