Dragon Ball (All Series)

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 14, 2011, 07:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

It is a pretty climactic scene which lead to a pretty climactic fight which lead to a great ending for the arc and pretty much the entirety of the first half of the series.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah, it's definitely one of the most recognizable moments of the show. And it's true that when everyone thinks about Dragon Ball, especially a non-fan, one of the first images that pops into the mind is a super saiyan.

Daxdiv

Yep, even if going Super Saiyan was cheapened by the fact that everyone with Saiyan blood in them can do it (except Pan and Bra for some reason), Goku's transformation is probably the scene I think about with DBZ.

Also, lol at the only good part of GT being mentioned on the honorable mentions.

LumRanmaYasha

A new trailer for Fukatsu no F came out. Aside from confirming that the kick-ass "Freeza Freeza" song by Maximum the Hormone will definitely be in the movie (which is fucking awesome), it also showed lots of new scenes in the movie, showing that a lot of the Z fighters will get to fight in this, and revealing what Freeza's new form will look like. Also...

Spoiler

...JACO will be in the movie! Awesome!
[close]

The first chapter of the tie-in manga has also been translated, and I decided to read it. If you don't want to be spoiled on what the plot of the movie will be, then I suggest you don't read it, but safe to say this will be a more comedy-oriented film, which I am most pleased by. I am REALLY looking forward to this movie now.  ;D

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Battle of Gods was fun, but never really got me that pumped to see it, and when I did see it, I pretty much got what I expected: a mildly entertaining movie.

This one is somehow managing to get me so much more hyped right now. The tone of that first chapter was perfect. Jaco is in this, as is Beerus, so we are now actually getting a real sense of continuity to the inclusion of all of these new characters.

Also, I love the concept of Freeza having to train. I can't really explain why. I just do.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Could there be possible role reversals being hinted at, here? :sly:

Kiddington

I've always said that it's about time Vegeta actually finished off a major villain, and what better opportunity to do so than now. As far as I'm concerned, Goku can't win 'em all.

.....besides, this would give the movie a bit of an emotional aspect that Battle of Gods just didn't have; Vegeta finally taking Frieza down after all these years. I'll take it.

LumRanmaYasha

Toriyama did say he wanted Vegeta to be the protagonist if they made another movie, so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets to be the one to take Freeza down this time.

It's somewhat odd that Trunks, Goten, Yamcha, Buu, and Mr. Satan haven't been shown in any of the trailers yet. I'd expect the former four would get in on the battle in some way. Yamcha is especially odd considering Tenshinhan and Master Roshi are going to be fighting in this. If Master Roshi can hold his own against a bunch of Freeza's grunts, Yamcha surely can too.

I re-watched Battle of the Gods yesterday, and I loved it even more the second time around. I'm so excited for this movie. The most excited I think I've ever been for an anime movie.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I thought Battle of Gods was decent, but not great. I love the concept of returning the series to its humorous roots while still having fun with the characters and tone that became integral to the later parts of the series. That said, BOG just didn't really feel as genuinely funny as classic DB, so only the more DBZ-esque aspects of the film really worked for me. That said, if the manga preview is any indication, this movie seems like it could nail it this time around.

Dr. Insomniac

Why can't this be in Xenoverse? I want a Pope Majin. I want to be able to baptize people into candy.

LumRanmaYasha

FUNi has licensed Fukkatsu no F (now titled Resurrection 'F'). It will have a screening in LA on April 11th. In addition, a theatrical release of the dubbed version is slated to come out sometime this summer.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, that was quick. Battle of Gods must have sold really well for them.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Cartoon X on March 02, 2015, 11:00:37 PM
A new trailer for Fukatsu no F came out. Aside from confirming that the kick-ass "Freeza Freeza" song by Maximum the Hormone will definitely be in the movie (which is fucking awesome), it also showed lots of new scenes in the movie, showing that a lot of the Z fighters will get to fight in this, and revealing what Freeza's new form will look like. Also...

Spoiler

...JACO will be in the movie! Awesome!
[close]

The first chapter of the tie-in manga has also been translated, and I decided to read it. If you don't want to be spoiled on what the plot of the movie will be, then I suggest you don't read it, but safe to say this will be a more comedy-oriented film, which I am most pleased by. I am REALLY looking forward to this movie now.  ;D
I'm late but Frieza's pose at 0:37 had me geeking out! I'm now hyped for this!!

Edit: I'd love to see Vegeta beat someone that's not a bum for once as well. Also, I love that the human Z Warriors like Tien and Yamcha are seen in the action. Now if they make Piccolo not get blasted in the back/disappear in the middle of the movie like he does almost any other one then this will be perfect!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Goku's got a new Super Saiyan God form. It's called "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" (redundant much?), and it looks like this:

Seems rather unnecessary if you ask me. Though, it does look somewhat cooler than the original SSJ God form.