Rocko's Modern Life

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 07:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

Better than the Salami and Balognea combined.

Avaitor

But the Salami and the Bologna are the same person!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on May 01, 2012, 08:48:31 PM
But the Salami and the Bologna are the same person!
YOU CAN'T PROVE THAT. :srs:

Avaitor

What if I make Betty Bologna dress up like Sal Ami?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Mr. Big

The past week I've been going through a bunch of "Rocko" episodes, thanks to the DVDs, and my god is this show hilarious. I'll even go far and say that it's funnier than Ren & Stimpy (and I love that show, too).

I just watched the one where Rocko and Heffer visit France. That insane tour guide is a riot. GET BACK ON THIS BUS AND WE'LL FORGET THE WHOLE THING!!!

Spark Of Spirit

That's one of my favorite episodes. The tour guide is by far the highlight, however. My favorite moment was the scene where he was driving through the Louvre and his expression totally changed for a split second to tell the tour where they were.

:D

Fantastic show.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mr. Big

Now I just watched "Schnit-heads", the one where Heffer joins a cult that worships sausages.

It's amazing how much that was an allegory for real-life religious cults. Especially this scene where Rocko, Filburt, and Heffer are held hostage -

Rocko: You can't chuck bowling balls at us!
Cult Leader: Yes we can. Says so in the Great Book of Bratwurst. "And if there is one among you who does not follow the ways of the Schnitzel, let that one go, and do not throw bowling balls at them."
Rocko: You see? It says let us go.
Cult Leader: It's a matter of interpretation.

They even made fun of Rapture when Really, Really Big Man came to save the day.

Watching the show again, Rocko does get satirical at times.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah it was a good look at how some people can spin things that have entirely different meanings for their own personal gain.

IIRC in the early 90s there was quite a lot of such cults, which is probably what the episode was in reference to.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

So next month, there's going to be a reunion show with Joe Murray and the voice cast, with script readings, a Q&A and everything. Kind of like the ones recently done for Pete & Pete and Salute Your Shorts, except for a cartoon.

The sick thing about it? Joe just announced on his Facebook that Shout is going to be recording it, so we might see it on the season 4 DVD! Doesn't that kick ass?

New blog!

Kiddington

Wow, cool!  :joy:

Can't wait to finally own all four seasons of this on DVD. Speaking of, have they announced a release date for Season 4 yet? Seems like we should be getting close.

Avaitor

Not yet, nope. This might delay their initial plans for the release, in fact. Probably not by too much, but I think they're holding off on announcing it for a reason.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

As long as we get it, I can wait. I mean we've already waited so long for them anyway, what's a few months?

Mr. Big

Yeah, this all but confirms S4 DVD. Joe Murray posted a sketch for the cover on his blog.

Avaitor

Swee-eet.

And as of now, I'm convinced that the surprise is that we'll get Shout's taping of the reunion show on here. Can't wait!

New blog!

Commode

Shit, I need to play catch up, I only have the first set.  I wasn't in too big of a hurry to get them all because they were all on Netflix though, although I'm not sure they are still up.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.