Garfield & Friends

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 11, 2011, 07:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I just noticed some episodes appeared on my Netflix. This should be good.  :)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Lord Il

As a kid, Garfield was one of those comic strips I had to check out first in the newspapers. But when Garfield and Friends started airing as a weekend cartoon, it was something I could never fully get into. Not to be stepping on anyones paws, but man, I just thought the humor was bland in animated form. It does have a certain charm, but.. I guess the humor in the comic strip didn't always give me belly laughs either. Maybe what I have is a weird love/hate thing for it all.

What can you say about the voice work of Lorenzo Music... The guy was and will forever be Garfield. When he voiced Peter Venkman on The Real Ghostbusters, all I could picture in my head was Garfield - not a particularly good casting move, in my opinion.

Silverstar

Quote from: Lord Il on July 04, 2013, 04:29:29 PM
What can you say about the voice work of Lorenzo Music... The guy was and will forever be Garfield. When he voiced Peter Venkman on The Real Ghostbusters, all I could picture in my head was Garfield - not a particularly good casting move, in my opinion.

Bill Murray wasn't pleased with the casting either; in fact when TRG was on the air, Murray complained that his character Peter Venkman sounded too much like Garfield. In fact, Murray's complaints were one of the things which led to Music being replaced by Dave Coulier in later episodes.

Ironically, Bill Murray would later voice Garfield in both live-action movies.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Avaitor

I still say that Music is THE quintessential Venkman, myself.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/