Quote from: SNES Chalmers on January 24, 2011, 09:03:58 PM
Let's see, for Avaitor?  How about

Izzy, Slash, and Axl Rose
Saved By The Bell
Post Alpha-Bits Cereal
Calico cats
Crystal Pepsi
IAWTP
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, like, I kind of just realized that we've already used up a lot of stuff that we associate with other people. Does anyone want to try and switch up the themes a little bit to, you know, keep the thread going? Like, maybe characters that you associate with the person above or something like that? Just say'n....

Dr. Insomniac

Neomysterion X. Prime

I definitely remember this game back from the old board!
I'm going to try Avaitor... again.

Likes Looney Tunes
Likes Rocko's Modern Life
Digs Classic Disney
Likes Monster
Tends to get a big kick out of Ed, Edd 'n Eddy.  :sly:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on January 24, 2011, 09:44:02 PM
For characters...

Ryu
Sensui
Onizuka
Enishi
Hiei
Wow, you got him dead on.

I'll try you next...

Gentleman Ghost (For some reason, if you were a villain this is what I'd imagine you as)
Wolfwood
The Man With No Name
Wolfgang Grimmer
The Doctor (Of course)

I hope that makes sense! Mostly it's characters that I think most closely match you.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Right on all of them except for the last one. I haven't been that big on Hiei relative to the other YYH cast for quite a few years. Among the main group of 4, my favorite character is probably Kurama for serving as the only real tactician of the group, and a brilliant one at that. I also like how his brilliance inspired one of his former followers who used to work under him to become a leader and tactician himself and use his lessons that he learned from Kurama against him, like when he got Kurama to become his personal and military adviser in the final arc of the series and forced him to comply by threatening to have an "accident" happen on his mother's plain ride if he didn't cooperate, and then going onto remind Kurama that it was him to told him to think and act that way.

Yup, Its pretty awesome when a character is so brilliant that he actually influences someone else to become even more brilliant to the point of role reversal, getting that character to work for him instead. And that's why Kurama is on my list. :joy:

**Ahem**

A good choice that most people would never think of nominating for me is The Man with no Name (aka Blondie/the guy played by Clint Eastwood in the Dollars trilogy). Just thought that I'd point that little tidbit of info out. ;)

And for you Dr. Isomniac, I think I'll go ahead and try and list some writers that I associate with you:

Neil Gaiman
Joss Whedon
Warren Ellis

And....That's honestly about all I can think of, right now.

QuoteWow, you got him dead on.

Except for....you know, the fact that I'm not as big a fan of Hiei as I am with other YYH characters. Other than that, though, yeah, I can't deny my love for each and every one of those characters.

Though, I can't help but notice that they are all fictional characters who are Japanese in origin. Just for future reference, Bender from Futurama, Cartmen from South Park, Johnny Bravo, Bugs Bunny, and Daffy Duck are all easily top contenders for me (the only reason that I never expressed much interest towards Daffy Before is because Avaitor seemed to have, like....claimed him as a favorite or something like that, so I always got this strange idea that he might get pissed if I admitted that I liked him just as much if not more than Bugs....just sayin').

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on January 24, 2011, 10:06:21 PM
Fu Dog

Oh snap. I just realized that Avaitor is literally the only other person who knows about this one. I honestly don't think anyone else would have ever thought of that. Looks like someone has abnormally good memory. :sly:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 24, 2011, 10:03:19 PM
Right on all of them except for the last one. I haven't been that big on Hiei relative to the other YYH cast for quite a few years. Among the main group of 4, my favorite character is probably Kurama for serving as the only real tactician of the group, and a brilliant one at that. I also like how his brilliance inspired one of his former followers who used to work under him to become a leader and tactician himself and use his lessons that he learned from Kurama against him, like when he got Kurama to become his personal and military adviser in the final arc of the series and forced him to comply by threatening to have an "accident" happen on his mother's plain ride if he didn't cooperate, and then going onto remind Kurama that it was him to told him to think and act that way.

Yup, Its pretty awesome when a character is so brilliant that he actually influences someone else to become even more brilliant to the point of role reversal, getting that character to work for him instead. And that's why Kurama is on my list. :joy:

**Ahem**

A good choice that most people would never think of nominating for me is The Man with no Name (aka Blondie/the guy played by Clint Eastwood in the Dollars trilogy). Just thought that I'd point that little tidbit of info out. ;)

And for you Dr. Isomniac, I think I'll go ahead and try and list some writers that I associate with you:

Neil Gaiman
Joss Whedon
Warren Ellis

And....That's honestly about all I can think of, right now.

QuoteWow, you got him dead on.

Except for....you know, the fact that I'm not as big a fan of Hiei as I am with other YYH characters. Other than that, though, yeah, I can't deny my love for each and every one of those characters.

Though, I can't help but notice that they are all fictional characters who are Japanese in origin. Just for future reference, Bender from Futurama, Cartmen from South Park, Johnny Bravo, Bugs Bunny, and Daffy Duck are all easily top contenders for me (the only reason that I never expressed much interest towards Daffy Before is because Avaitor seemed to have, like....claimed him as a favorite or something like that, so I always got this strange idea that he might get pissed if I admitted that I liked him just as much if not more than Bugs....just sayin').
Instead of Hiei I would have chosen Inspector Lunge.  :-*
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 24, 2011, 10:09:55 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on January 24, 2011, 10:06:21 PM
Fu Dog

Oh snap. I just realized that Avaitor is literally the only other person who knows about this one. I honestly don't think anyone else would have ever thought of that. Looks like someone has abnormally good memory. :sly:
:sly:

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Desensitized on January 24, 2011, 10:10:11 PM
Instead of Hiei I would have chosen Inspector Lunge.  :-*

Well, we do both have a thing for being arrogant....I mean intelligent, damnit!

Though, my favorite detective character in anime is L from Death Note. He's that type of perfect 1-dimensional character, who's written with minimal to no emotions in absolutely the right way. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't pissed that a certain something happened to said character down the line in the story (even as someone who still enjoyed the 2nd half of the series quite a bit), but that doesn't change the fact that he's still my favorite. I can see why people would hate the 2nd arc just based on Near and Mello alone, not because they really suck but because neither of them are nearly sufficient enough to fill in the huge void that L left in his place. That said, I still say that people severely misjudge/unfairly judge the 2nd arc based on those 2 characters being far weaker than L, alone, when really that arc wasn't so much about them, anyways, but rather was about Light's slow but steady downfall (based on how I view it).

Avaitor

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 24, 2011, 10:03:19 PM
haha, nah, it's cool. I think I've made it publicly open that while Daffy is my favorite anything ever besides Maiden, Bugs is very closely behind him.

No need to play "favorites", man.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Avaitor

As for you Desen

Hank Hill
Tenma
Bass
Duckman
Coach McGuirk

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

You got me. Definitely some of my favorites on there.