The Simpsons

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 29, 2011, 09:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Commode on May 15, 2015, 04:26:37 PM
At this point too maybe the voice actors' deaths might not be enough to end the show, but I think when Jim Brooks eventually goes then the staff won't have as much pull with Fox regarding the show.  The biggest reason the show has gone on as long as it has, the biggest reason the show succeeded for years without network interference, hell the reason the show ever made it onto Fox airwaves, is Brooks.  Fox is frankly intimidated by him, always has been, but once he's gone they might not see much reason to keep the show around.
Damn, someone Fox is scared of?! Does he shoot lightning out of his ass?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

The whole reason the Simpsons Movie was made was because his previous film flopped. Brooks has a LOT of pull in the industry.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I mean, The Mary Tyler Moore Show is still one of the few series with an equal or greater influence in the industry besides The Simpsons itself. Make that, and you're bound to have some pull.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

Spark Of Spirit

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

QuoteIn the premiere, it's discovered after all the years Homer has narcolepsy and it's an incredible strain on the marriage. Homer and Marge legally separate, and Homer falls in love with his pharmacist, who's voiced by Lena Dunham. We'll have cameos from the other women from "Girls."
I'm vomiting uncontrollably.

Commode

They've already been "legally separated", but whatever.

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

This plot has been probably the most overdone plot in the past twenty five years of the show. It was even a major part of the movie. Why they think it's still a selling point (and adding in the Dunham on top of it) is far beyond me.

gunswordfist

Wait, THAT Lena? This is not funny anymore.

Commode

What other Lena is there lol?  Lena Hyena?

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Daikun

Quote from: Daxdiv on June 09, 2015, 01:28:32 PMLet's be honest people, this is only gonna last for the episode.

It's like Brian Griffin Death 2.0.

Nah, that only happened once. This is more like Comic Character Death.

Dr. Insomniac

Nel_Annette

This doesn't reek of desperation. Nope. Not at all.

Daikun

gunswordfist

Nothing surprises me from The Simpsons these days.