The Greatest Anime Episode Ever Tournament

Started by LumRanmaYasha, July 10, 2016, 01:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Dr. E-K? Vlord? GSF? I just want a confirmation whether or not you guys want to vote on this match before we move on.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Sorry. Been both busy and also kind of sick lately, so I completely forgot about this. Anyways, same as Lum.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on March 08, 2017, 06:22:10 PM
Sorry. Been both busy and also kind of sick lately, so I completely forgot about this. Anyways, same as Lum.

Sorry to hear that, Dr.  :( I hope you feel better soon.

VLordGTZ

"To the Promised Night"
"Road to the Touno Yokai Battle (Part One)"
"Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!"
"New World"

LumRanmaYasha

Results:

Death Note #37: "New World" - 15
Ushio & Tora #12: "Road to the Touno Yokai Battle (Part One)" - 10
Ushio & Tora #36: "To The Promised Night" - 24
Neon Genesis Evangelion #9: "Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!" - 11

"New World" and "To the Promised Night" move on to Round 3! The next match will be up shortly.

gunswordfist

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

You even picked great screenshots! This is a good round.

The Fate of Ushio & Tora
Paradise
The Devil of Vengeance: Makoto Shishio's Plot
Young Caesar
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

The Fate of Ushio & Tora
Paradise
Young Caesar

LumRanmaYasha

Paradise
The Fate of Ushio & Tora
Young Caesar

Spoiler

Trigun #23 is an amazing character study of one of anime's most fascinating characters delivering on a beautiful yet tragic ending to his story. The first episode of Trigun I ever saw and my favorite episode.

U&T #39 is one of the most satisfying ending to a long-running shonen there's ever been with emotional payoff for so many characters and an excellent deconstruction of the psyche of Hakumen before she is defeated. And I'm a sucker for that tease that Tora might one day return.

JJBA #20 is a great character piece for Caeser, giving him plenty of time to show off his stuff before a sudden and tragic turnaround, leading to one of the most heartwrenching and iconic death scenes in the series.

RK #30 offers an incredible fight in Kenshin v. Saito, but what I really find valuable about the episode is Kenshin's meeting with Okubo and the discussion of how hard it is to create a new era than bring one down. It's a great set-up for the themes underlying the remainder of the arc and ties into the series' overarching message of the difficulty but necessity of change in both society and people in order for progress to be made, and the sacrifices that sometimes must be made to achieve it.
[close]

BTW, I'd like to get the next match up soon, so if you're planning to vote please do so ASAP!

Avaitor

The Fate of Ushio & Tora
Paradise
Young Caesar
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

LumRanmaYasha

Well, normally I would continue waiting, but this match has already been up for a few days and the winners seem pretty obvious, so I think I'll just move us along.

Results:

Trigun #23: "Paradise" - 13
Ushio & Tora #39: "The Fate of Ushio & Tora" - 15
Rurouni Kenshin #30: "The Devil of Vengeance: Makoto Shishio's Plot" - 5
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure #20: "Young Caesar" - 7

"Paradise" and "The Fate of Ushio & Tora" move on to round 3! The next match will be up shortly.