Neon Genesis Evangelion

Started by Avaitor, May 10, 2011, 01:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That reminds me that I really need to watch the first 2 movies, even if the 3rd one is a disappointment. I DID watch the first half of the movie 1 about a year ago, but then I stopped because it just seemed to be retreading the early events of the show without anything significantly new, so while it was like a more condensed and better animated version of the first few episodes, it didn't really compel me to keep watching it. I'm assuming that the 2nd movie was much better, in that case.

Foggle

The first movie is cool from an animation standpoint, but nothing spectacular. The second one is excellent, though.

Avaitor

I haven't read the review yet, but I'm just going to wait for 3.33, anyway.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

The first one is basically condensing parts of the first half of the anime, the second improves massively on aspects of the original anime where every change it makes is for the better both for general story and for flow.

No offense to Foggle, but I'm gonna wait to see 3.33 to read the review. I kind of want to go into it blind.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 20, 2013, 03:57:04 PM
The first one is basically condensing parts of the first half of the anime, the second improves massively on aspects of the original anime where every change it makes is for the better both for general story and for flow.
And 3.0 has almost nothing to do with the original series (or previous movies) at all!

No offense to Foggle, but I'm gonna wait to see 3.33 to read the review. I kind of want to go into it blind.
There has never been a more accurate usage of that phrase. :lol:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on January 20, 2013, 08:25:33 PM
And 3.0 has almost nothing to do with the original series (or previous movies) at all!

There has never been a more accurate usage of that phrase. :lol:
I'm getting flashbacks of episode 25 and 26...
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 20, 2013, 09:10:20 PM
I'm getting flashbacks of episode 25 and 26...
And I actually liked those! (As companion pieces to End Of Eva. Meaning there's still hope for 3.0 should the final movie make the absolute best of things.)

Jay L. Corbell

I just dunno. I just dunno anymore.
If 4.0 aint the best thing I've ever seen I'ma be upset.

Foggle

3.33 comes out in a couple weeks. It's 9 minutes longer, apparently. Maybe it'll somehow salvage 3.0 (though it'll probably just make it more boring and drawn out).

Daikun

Avaitor

And people think that the Heart Attack Cafe is evil.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Daikun on April 20, 2013, 05:02:07 PM
Blu-Rays of 3.0 come with offers for burgers and life-size Rei doll.

I wish I was making this up.

Ah Evangelion, you corporate sell-out you....  :awesome:

And that burger looks revolting. :gonk:

Avaitor

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Avaitor on May 29, 2013, 01:00:14 PM
Tada!

Am I the only person who "got" what was going on in those episodes the first time I watched them, and also didn't think they were all that weird?  :sweat: