Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

4. But we don't talk about that last one...

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on April 21, 2012, 07:05:34 PM
Quote from: Foggle on April 21, 2012, 07:03:00 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on April 21, 2012, 07:01:20 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 21, 2012, 06:57:55 PM
(which is where the Wii-U is heading)

Plenty of sources are also saying the Wii U, overall, isn't as powerful as those two... But even that sounds like enough power if you ask me.
That tech demo they showed off a while back looked sharper than any 360 or PS3 game I've ever seen, iirc.

At the same time, it was a tech demo, made purely for visuals. ;)
Wind Waker and Twilight Princess blow away the Gamecube Zelda tech demo.

Quote from: Foggle on April 21, 2012, 07:06:20 PM
My purchase was justified by Yakuza 4 and Kenzan. 4 has the best characters and Kenzan has the best story I've ever experienced in a video game; not to mention the utterly badass soundtracks and great combat system (in 4, anyway).

Oh yeah, can you link me to that GAF thread about NSMB2? Seeing some good rage fuel tonight would be nice.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=471096

Quote from: Foggle on April 21, 2012, 07:11:17 PM
4. But we don't talk about that last one...
All-4-One reason.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Comeau on April 21, 2012, 06:10:12 PM
Why do people care so much that the Wii U likely won't be as powerful as the PS4/Nextbox?  Shouldn't the less power than PS3/360 Wii have already taken that argument and shoved it in their faces at just how wrong they are?  I don't understand people writing it off, when we've been shown time and time again that it simply doesn't matter.
More power = better.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 21, 2012, 11:45:52 PM
Why do people care so much that the Wii U likely won't be as powerful as the PS4/Nextbox?  Shouldn't the less power than PS3/360 Wii have already taken that argument and shoved it in their faces at just how wrong they are?  I don't understand people writing it off, when we've been shown time and time again that it simply doesn't matter.
More power = better.
SNES > Atari Jaguar

So no.  :P
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 21, 2012, 11:59:27 PM
More power = better.
SNES > Atari Jaguar

I meant that the more power, the better, for Wii-U. It's not just for graphics, kids.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 22, 2012, 02:44:25 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 21, 2012, 11:59:27 PM
More power = better.
SNES > Atari Jaguar

I meant that the more power, the better, for Wii-U. It's not just for graphics, kids.
It's not really gonna matter this gen. Since engines scale, all systems will get the same games. The Wii was simply not powerful enough to run those engines. The Wii-U will.

talonmalon333

I'm almost positive the Wii U graphics won't age, at least not for a very long time. I mean, in an age we're we've seen graphics as technically impressive as Crysis, RE4 still looks appealing.

Foggle

Being aesthetically pleasing is more important than being technically advanced. That's why Crysis' lush island jungles will hold up well ten years from now, but Crysis 2's gray cityscape won't. RE 4 still looks good because the devs didn't sacrifice atmosphere for high-powered visuals.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on April 23, 2012, 11:52:36 AM
Being aesthetically pleasing is more important than being technically advanced. That's why Crysis' lush island jungles will hold up well ten years from now, but Crysis 2's gray cityscape won't. RE 4 still looks good because the devs didn't sacrifice atmosphere for high-powered visuals.

That's true. But my main point was that, even from a technical point, RE4 is still no slouch.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, I can vouch for this. Coming into the game without any sense of nostalgia (since this gen was literally my first time ever playing it), and without a biased opinion on graphics, I was pretty impressed by how well RE4's graphics held up. Yeah, I know that the version I was playing was the HD version, but it was merely just an up-scaling of the visuals to fit a wide-screen HDTV format, rather than a complete graphical overhaul (in the vein of something like Ninja Gaiden Sigma or Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary). The actual textures and general look of the game were pretty much left the same, and while its clearly a last-gen game's graphics no matter which way you look at it, the graphics still impressed me. It looked a lot better than most early XBOX360 and PS3 games, to say the least.

gunswordfist

There's people that actually think Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 is better than Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. :shit:

Eddy

gunswordfist

Eddy

Dr. Ensatsu-ken