Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

See, I don't watch G4, or else I'd know about stuff like that and hate her too. :P

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Eddy on April 26, 2012, 01:01:48 AM
I had a hard time taking Morgan Webb seriously when she complained about Super Mario Galaxy being too "kiddy".
And how it wasn't "3D enough".

She was so obnoxious about hating it, too.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

Morgan was also the only one on the G4 team that wasn't impressed by Nintendo's E3 show a couple years back. Everyone else's jaws hit the floor but Morgan was all "eh" and I think pulled the "too kiddy" card again. The best part is she apparently loves cartoony games (she loves Wind Waker and Mario & Luigi) so complaining about games for being too cartoony is contradictory.

Oh, and I think Sessler's departure was just announced today. The details are unknown but apparently it was some kind of contractual issue.

I'll follow Sessler wherever he goes next because he was the last good thing about that station.

Rynnec

QuoteI wish I had the video on me where Dave Jaffe and Olivia Munn were talking and Olivia wanted to know if Dave was circumcised. Dude, you're at E3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIUt-a7iKac

Beware, you may lose a few brain cells viewing that video. Olivia was the worst person to ever be on G4, just having her on really showed where G4's priorities were. Morgan isn't a disgrace to girl gamers like a certain iwhore is, but she's still pretty bad.

With Sessler gone, G4 has nothing of value now.

Eddy

My favorite female member of G4 was easily Abbie Heppe. She was mostly a behind the scenes person but she clearly knew her stuff about games and loved all games from platformer to survival horror.

Plus she really loved Deadly Premonition. :swoon:

Avaitor

I stopped paying attention to X-Play when they dropped stuff like Ratty Ragpuppet and Drunk Link and became a serious review show. Wasn't really the same to me.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

I just saw the news about Adam Sessler on gamasutra. 14 years? JESUS CHRIST?! He'll be missed. Hopefully he gets to do something good again for once.

As for G4, I thought it was a decent channel back in the day. It did remind you that you couldn't really do much with a channel that was just about video games but they tried and they did pretty much everything you could do for video game tv (tournaments, video game trailer show, review shows, video game news shows, cheat code/strategy show).
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

QuoteSomething I found a bit annoying was a scene where a white wig or something hair-like blows in the wind onto Dante's head and he looks into a mirror and remarks, "Not in a million years."

NIIIIIIINJAAAAAAAA THEEEEEOOOOORRRRRYYYYYY! :wth:

Rynnec

You've read those supposedly leaked spoilers too? I'm taking them with a grain of salt, but damn are they godawful. And the sad thing is, I wouldn't be the least bit suprised if they turned out to be true.

Rynnec

Foggle

QuoteAccording to Free Radical co-founder Steve Ellis, the long-awaited Star Wars: Battlefront III was cancelled due to a "change in philosophy" in LucasArts. Not only that, Ellis states the game was all but finished when the game was canned due to LucasArts being unwilling to back it with a huge marketing push.
"Change in philosophy" = "we don't want to sell good games anymore."

Quote from: Rynnec on April 27, 2012, 02:24:04 AM
You've read those supposedly leaked spoilers too? I'm taking them with a grain of salt, but damn are they godawful. And the sad thing is, I wouldn't be the least bit suprised if they turned out to be true.
The white wig thing was confirmed by GameInformer and about half of the other spoilers from that leak have also been proven true. :zonk:

Rynnec

Quote from: Foggle on April 27, 2012, 11:03:28 AM
"Change in philosophy" = "we don't want to sell good games anymore."

This wouldn't be half as dissapointing if Lucasarts had at least put out any worthwhile Star Wars games, but other than the Force Unleashed, they haven't.

QuoteThe white wig thing was confirmed by GameInformer and about half of the other spoilers from that leak have also been proven true. :zonk:

:shit:

Spark Of Spirit

I remember when LucasArts did more than Star Wars games. Heck, I remember when they made good ones.

I can't believe they never made a lightsaber Wii game.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 27, 2012, 06:37:59 PM
I can't believe they never made a lightsaber Wii game.
I KNOW WHAT THE FUCK

Rynnec

I believe they even said that they were working on a Lightsaber game for the Wii, but that obviously hasn't come to pass.

Instead, we get...whatever the hell the 360 game's supposed to be.