Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nel_Annette

Oh, that. We're way more divided on that one.  :lol:

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Even if one were to play along with that insane and downright pretentious logic (you've just gotta love it when gamers attempt to be "deep"), I can think of dozens of single-player only games that are better "multiplayer" games than BSI, based on them bring better games than it in general.

No, but really, I find this more hilarious than bothersome. Perhaps I've grown too used to the stupidity of modern gamers when they actually try to think, so not only does this somehow not baffle me, but it also manages to amuse me since now I've made a personal little game out of seeing which idiotic statement from a gamer can top the last most idiotic one that I've seen. This one is up there.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 01, 2014, 06:44:53 PM
No, but really, I find this more hilarious than bothersome.
Same, but I couldn't think of any other place to post it. :sweat:

Daxdiv

Real question... does anyone even take Patricia Hernandez seriously?

gunswordfist

Never trust a woman with a butt chin.

Rynnec

Quote from: Daxdiv on June 01, 2014, 07:15:17 PM

Tumblr SJW's?

Daxdiv

Quote from: Rynnec on June 01, 2014, 07:49:02 PM
Quote from: Daxdiv on June 01, 2014, 07:15:17 PM

Tumblr SJW's?

You might be on to something, considering how many times I read a post from her, it does feel like she farmed the content from Tumblr, Reddit or 4chan.

Nel_Annette

I'd love to see the comments section for that article.

gunswordfist

gunswordfist

I hate it when shooters have the run button on an analog stick button. Who the hell thought that was a good idea? It's practically painful to do. Just keep it as a shoulder button, Doom console style, please!

Daikun

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

This may seem weird coming from me, but I utterly loathe elitists of any hack n' slash action games. Elitists of any kind suck, but since this is a genre that I'm the most invested in, these kind bother me the most. Look, I'm all for deep combat and great technical balance and nuance. You all know that quite well from how passionately I write about all of that stuff. But I also don't discredit anyone else's opinions on other games in the genre who don't play the games for technical perfection.

For instance, DMC elitists will claim that every other hack n' slash game is crap because they don't have the nuance of jump canceling and style switching and distortion and all of this other fancy bull-shit that, quite frankly most normal people don't give a shit about. It doesn't matter to them if another action/adventure game does the actual adventure elements much better, because it doesn't meet their specifications of what they consider to be technically perfect. Ninja Gaiden and Platinum Games elitists are really no better.

I hate it because I honestly feel that it's people like this who will turn some other people away from the genre, or at the very least give their respective ransoms a bad reputation, even if they are honestly a vocal minority. People of this nature aren't true fans of the genre or even the series or game that they advocate. They are just ass-holes who need to step back and get a life.

Also, NeoGAF has some of the worst elitists of any kind. I was just browsing through some of their thread "discussions" on these games (which aren't even more than a year old), and that's what kind of reminded me of why I hate these pricks so much.

gunswordfist

It's starting to look like polygon has too many whine pieces http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/15/5899161/violent-video-games-assassins-creed He's basically complaining about Assassin's Creed being Assassin's Creed but with better graphics.