Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on March 20, 2015, 12:52:39 PM
So....does this mean no chance of a Metal Gear Rising 2?
It's hard to say. It was Kojima's decision to have Platinum develop MGR, so if there's another one, Konami might outsource it to a different (and probably terrible) studio. Then again, they might have P* make a second game, which would likely become the last good entry in the series.

gunswordfist

Team Ninja Dog. The Solid series has always been strange so it'll almost be comical to see them fuck it up since it'll be almost impossible for new games to not be completely zany without Kojima.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Now even more than before, i think Metal Gear should end with 5. Without Konami, and with nowhere left to take the story, it should be done

gunswordfist

I was thinking about that. I also wonder if Kojima planned that in advance to help screw over Konami. :sly:

Foggle

I personally believe that this whole situation was caused by Kojima refusing to make more Metal Gear games after TPP. After 15 years of Konami strong-arming him into directing MGS after MGS, I would assume he finally put his foot down now that the story is truly over in 5. The fact that they're already hiring new people to continue the series after he leaves only adds to my suspicions.

talonmalon333

What if this is all Kojima trolling, staged by him and Konami, to set something up for MGS VI? :sly:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on March 20, 2015, 01:29:33 PM
I personally believe that this whole situation was caused by Kojima refusing to make more Metal Gear games after TPP. After 15 years of Konami strong-arming him into directing MGS after MGS, I would assume he finally put his foot down now that the story is truly over in 5. The fact that they're already hiring new people to continue the series after he leaves only adds to my suspicions.
That makes sense.
Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 20, 2015, 01:32:43 PM
What if this is all Kojima trolling, staged by him and Konami, to set something up for MGS VI? :sly:
Starring Solid Snake's clone, Gaseous Snake.

Spark Of Spirit

Sorry, it's just really hard being optimistic about this hobby considering all the dumb things companies do now that they didn't years ago.

To be clear, I don't mean video games will all of a sudden stop being made because companies go under. I'm talking about the industry itself shuttering company after company not learning anything while letting good IPs die from neglect or poor usage just because everyone is chasing the AAA dragon. I mean, how many years did it take Square-Enix to effectively say "Gee, I guess we should make RPGs like we used to and not poorly written movie games that suck our funds dry to make!" when people have been saying that since the PS2.

It's just aggravating sometimes.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Why are we saying Square is going to be good again?

Spark Of Spirit

Because they said they were going back to their old ways.

Saying and doing are two different things, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

talon shut the fuck up and stop being negative. :sly:

talonmalon333

Spark Of Spirit

At least Sonic Team eventually learned.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 20, 2015, 11:56:20 PM
At least Sonic Team eventually learned.

Yeah, they've sure hit a Sonic Boom lately. :sly:

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 20, 2015, 11:06:00 PM
Why are we saying Square is going to be good again?
The Final Fantasy 15 demo is pretty fantastic. As is the game that comes bundled with it.