The Boondocks

Started by Avaitor, December 30, 2010, 03:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Yep, I heard the news. If this ends up being like Spongebob post movie... :'(
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

New Trailer!

Looks like there's going to be a Breaking Bad parody episode. Kinda late for that, but should be fun enough.

Still don't know what's up with Stinkmeaner being alive again, though. That episode should be interesting.

Avaitor

Meh, they did an Obama election episode in 2010. The Boondocks isn't one for being especially timely.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

So who saw the premiere?

It's weird that they started off with an episode about Tom, of all people, especially one that's (an admittedly better) retread of the Usher episode from season 2, but I laughed. A lot.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Nel_Annette

Especially odd to start with this when the debt episode seemed to be the one they were showing the most commercials of.

LumRanmaYasha

Okay...so the season 4 dvd set is being released on June 24th, but from the description, it'll only have 10 episodes. Now, normally I'd just suspect that [as] is just spliting the season into two...but there is a complete series set coming out the exact same day, and the back of the box says there are 55 episodes of the series.

I thought this season was supposed to be 20 episodes long? Since when did it become ten? And a complete series set? So The Boondocks really is over for good? What the heck is going on here?  ???

Avaitor

Yeah, some press releases have called this the last season, so I guess it probably is. The show still does well for them, but in the time it takes to make and air a season of the Boondocks, they can do 2 full seasons of Venture Brothers, which is no easy task itself, so I'm not surprised that they're calling it a day.

I am surprised at how short the season is, though.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

The season might be short, but at least it's still good. I got quite a few laughs at the newest episode, and it was nice finally seeing Ed Wuncler II, who was absolutely hilarious. So, as long as this season ends the series on a high note, I won't complain about it ending, but I'm still flabbergasted as to where those other 10 promised episodes went.

Avaitor

Really? I didn't like this one at all. Ed II was a nice addition, but there were few good jokes there.

And apparently people really disliked the premiere as well, which I might be in the minority for liking.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

I dunno, I liked it overall. There were parts of it that, admittedly, irritated me (the second half is a bit of a drag, and I do not care for the ending at all), but there wasn't really any point where I was too annoyed or irritated with the ep. Rather, it felt like an average episode of the show, which is fine in my book, so long as I'm entertained.

As for the premiere, I liked that a lot better, especially because it's a Tom episode, and even more especially because it was basically a far superior version of "Tom, Sarah, and Usher" from season 2 with much better social commentary and satire than that episode had.

Daxdiv

So Robert Freeman is a civil rights person due to the fact that he boarded the wrong bus & Uncle Ruckus was actually behind the scenes of some of that shit? What a weird episode. I did like how the All-State guy was leader of the protest group.

On a side note, so much focus on Grandad this season. Right now, like 4 episodes out of the 5 that have aired focused on Grandad and the 6th one looks like it as well. I guess I can understand the first 3 of them, since they are about him trying to pay back Ed Wuncler II and failing to do so.

Nel_Annette

I enjoyed the hair episode and I can appreciate experimenting with story arcs with the owing money thing, but I'm sick of the Robert episodes. Sick to death of it. Focus on Huey or Riley or Thugnificent or even Jasmine or the blonde girl already, yeesh.

Daikun

Quote from: Daxdiv on May 21, 2014, 01:29:50 AMSo Robert Freeman is a civil rights person due to the fact that he boarded the wrong bus & Uncle Ruckus was actually behind the scenes of some of that shit? What a weird episode.

That was actually established a few seasons ago (back in season 1, I believe). It's nice to see it fully fleshed out into an episode.

Avaitor

Quote from: Nel_Annette on May 21, 2014, 02:32:59 AM
I enjoyed the hair episode and I can appreciate experimenting with story arcs with the owing money thing, but I'm sick of the Robert episodes. Sick to death of it. Focus on Huey or Riley or Thugnificent or even Jasmine or the blonde girl already, yeesh.
Yeah, that's one of the problems that I'm having with the season. Hell, when you think about it, the best episodes from before were barely Robert heavy at all. Usually they were Huey or even Ruckus-based.

New blog!

Avaitor

I think this week's had the potential to be kind of good, if they stuck with the Her parody, and didn't delve into 2001 territory.

New blog!