CN's 2013 upfront

Started by Daikun, January 28, 2013, 10:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

There's only three ways they could make a new EEnE special or movie-

a- Have the rest of the Cul-De-Sac befriend the Ed's during their story, which would practically defeat the purpose of the show
b- As you mention, pull the restart button on the movie and make the kids hate the Ed's again
c- Have the Ed's leave the Cul-De-Sac for a new adventure, again defeating the purpose of the show

I do think Danny could possibly pull any of these off if he wanted to, but right now he should be busy on that animated horror movie, and I'm sure he's happy with the movie as the show's finale. It could still happen though, if Johnny Bravo and PPG have obtained new specials, but I think even CN would be reluctant to work on such a creator-driven show like Ed, Edd n' Eddy without its creator. Even Dexter, Johnny and Powerpuff weren't as creator-lead as it was.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Avaitor on January 29, 2013, 04:08:44 PM
Aww, I liked the first Fionna and Cake episode. More than the rest of the series.
I don't hate it per se. I just don't really see the point of it other then fanservice. And this is coming from someone who almost always gets a decent chuckle from seeing genderswaped characters.

I do think Fionna and Cake are more interesting characters then Finn and Jake. Though that's not really saying much.

hobbyfan

A new Tom & Jerry series? Cool!

Incredible Crew just started. The only selling point is that Mr. Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon, is  involved, as if he doesn't have enough going on right now........

Just get rid of Snyder & Sorcher. CN will recover when that happens.

Avaitor

Quote from: Graywulf on January 29, 2013, 08:00:03 PM
Aww, I liked the first Fionna and Cake episode. More than the rest of the series.
I don't hate it per se. I just don't really see the point of it other then fanservice. And this is coming from someone who almost always gets a decent chuckle from seeing genderswaped characters.

I do think Fionna and Cake are more interesting characters then Finn and Jake. Though that's not really saying much.
Eh, I do agree that it was pretty much fanservice, but like you said, Fionna and Cake were considerably more likable than Finn and Jake, which is why I gave it a pass.

I do hope that NPH returns as Prince Bubblegum, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

Quote from: hobbyfan on January 29, 2013, 09:22:19 PM
A new Tom & Jerry series? Cool!

Incredible Crew just started. The only selling point is that Mr. Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon, is  involved, as if he doesn't have enough going on right now........

Just get rid of Snyder & Sorcher. CN will recover when that happens.

There's nothing CN has to recover from. Just because they have one or two live shows doesn't change the fact that under Snyder's reign, Cartoon Network has greatly improved in the ratings lately. Like it or not, Cartoon Network is doing better overall, not worse.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Avaitor on January 29, 2013, 10:19:09 PM

Eh, I do agree that it was pretty much fanservice, but like you said, Fionna and Cake were considerably more likable than Finn and Jake, which is why I gave it a pass.

I do hope that NPG returns as Prince Bubblegum, though.

To be honest, I always thought that the whole point of the Kaboom! Comic with Fionna and Cake is fanservice for the people that liked that episode. I'll admit that F&C is one of my favorite episodes of AT and I did read the first issue of the mini series and I'm liking it so far.

As for the new episode coming out in February, I think it's supposed to have Prince Bubblegum in it, along with Marshall Lee.

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Avaitor on January 29, 2013, 10:19:09 PM

I do hope that NPH returns as Prince Bubblegum, though.
Eh, fair point. I'll edit that post.

Daikun

Incredible Crew has been cancelled.

(I'd recommend checking out that article, by the way. It's funny how Variety kisses the show's ass. :lol:)

LumRanmaYasha

Welp, that's another one that's kicked the bucket. Are there any live-action shows Cartoon Network has left in production? You'd think after all this time and all these failed attempts they would've given up on trying live-action programming by now...

Daikun

Quote from: Cartoon X on August 01, 2013, 10:02:52 AMAre their any live-action shows Cartoon Network has left in production?

None that I'm aware of. There's Team Toon, which has aired internationally, but it doesn't seem to be airing in the U.S. anytime soon.

Silverstar

Quote from: Daikun on August 01, 2013, 07:57:13 AM
Incredible Crew has been cancelled.

(I'd recommend checking out that article, by the way. It's funny how Variety kisses the show's ass. :lol:)

The way the author of that article brown-nosed Incredible Crew and So Random!, you'd think those shows were some great master works, not just B-rated kids' shows. (Though they might be Shakespearean compared to the current SNL, if what I last saw of it was any indication.)

Don't feel too bad for Nick Cannon, though; he's apparently working on a similar-sounding show for Nickelodeon called Awesomeness, Inc. (maybe some of those IC kids can get on that show), and of course he gets to wake every morning next to Mariah Carey, so there's that.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Avaitor

He also restarted Wild & Out, and doesn't he host America's Got Talent, or one of those shows?

Between all of that and his job at TeenNick, he has a lot on his plate.

New blog!

Nel_Annette

I'll give the show this: one of the girls on there (the blonde, if there's only one) seemed pretty talented. The rest of them seemed up-their-own-ass annoying though.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Cartoon X on August 01, 2013, 10:02:52 AM
Welp, that's another one that's kicked the bucket. Are their any live-action shows Cartoon Network has left in production? You'd think after all this time and all these failed attempts they would've given up on trying live-action programming by now...

Honestly, I truly believe they already gave up on it right after CN Real collapsed along with Tower Prep and Unnatural History bombing. Yeah, Level Up got a ton of promotion but so did cartoons like Total Drama not to mention all the promotion for their own toons like Looney Tunes Show, Gumball, Regular Show, and Adventure Time. Level Up's promotion dwindled as the months passed by and Cartoon Network didn't care enough to run its episodes in order.

Personally, I still don't care about CN airing live-action as long as its good. But unfortunately only Tower Prep and Unnatural History are the only ones I know of where people who watched them said that they were good. Therefore I also don't care if live-action shows are finito either.

Silverstar

IMO, any live-action shows that could/would air on Cartoon Network should either be connected to cartoons or at least have a cartoonish look and feel, like toons come to life; stuff like The Banana Splits, Skatoony, the live-action bits on The Super Mario Bros. Super Show, The Aquabats! Super Show! (which I believe was actually pitched to CN before The Hub got it), Muppets Tonight, Parker Lewis Can't Lose, Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, Power Rangers, etc. But let's face it: as long as the channel has the word CARTOON in its' name, people are going to get their hackles on end whenever a live-action show turns up on CN.

Hobbyfan suggested this already, but maybe instead of trying to put live-action on CN, Turner should launch a kids' programming block on TBS for shows like Incredible Crew and Level Up and/or one on TNT for shows like Tower Prep and Unnatural History. Those shows might not have received as much hate if they had aired on anther network.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.