"Ghostbusters" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, August 06, 2011, 06:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

THEY'RE HERE TO SAVE THE WORLD

"We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft's okay! He's a sailor, he's in New York; we get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble!"
- Dr. Peter Venkman

Release Date: June 8, 1984
Studio: Columbia/Black Rhino
Director: Ivan Reitman
Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1 (Panavision)
Starring: Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Sigourney Weaver, Harold Ramis, Rick Moranis

Plot Summary: Three odd-ball scientists get kicked out of their cushy positions at a university in New York City where they studied the occult. They decide to set up shop in an old firehouse and become Ghostbusters, trapping pesky ghosts, spirits, haunts, and poltergeists for money. They wise-crack their way through the city, and stumble upon a gateway to another dimension, one which will release untold evil upon the city. The Ghostbusters are called on to save the Big Apple.

COMMENTS?

LD Talkback #150

Finally.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Oh man, I was lauding Aliens for its instant quotability the other day, but this is beyond that. Beyond even BTTF.

What hasn't already been said about this movie? Close to the perfect comedy.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Dalek

"What are you supposed to be? Some kind of cosmonaut?"
"No we're exterminators, somebody saw a cockroach on the 12th floor."
"That's got to be one hell of a cockroach."
"It'll bite your head off man."

Angus

I remember trying to quote this movie more than The Princess Bride.

The Rick Moranis parts are hilarious now that I'm older and can look beyond his nerdy look.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Daikun

gunswordfist

Avaitor mentioned it in another thread. R.I.P. Ramis. 69 is too young to die.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

I heard about this. If they bring back the remaining originals and give them their own movie with or without Tatum, then I'll be happy. I could care less about the female busters or any other spinoff though.

Spark Of Spirit

No. It's done.

They had near thirty years to green-light Ghostbusters 3. They missed their chance.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Which makes it all the more unnecessary in retrospect. Really not sure how a real Ghostbusters 3 is going to do without Egon, though. We already had the video game that did a good job.

Foggle

Harold Ramis was a big reason why the original film was any good and Jason Reitman is a hack so this will probably be the worst Ghostbusters movie yet.