Most Anticipated Movies

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 14, 2013, 08:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

We had one for last year, so why not one for this year? There's gotta be something great coming up that we're all looking for.

Anyone got any favorites coming up?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I know I'm probably the only one, but I'm looking forward to the 2nd part of The Hobbit which should be releasing either by November or December later this year. I don't give a shit about all the people who complained about An Unexpected Journey. Taken on its own merits, it was a good movie.

I'm also looking forward to Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World, both coming later this year, but to be honest I'm pretty uninformed on what other movies are coming out this year, so those obvious blockbuster titles are the only ones that I can say for now.

Spark Of Spirit

I think Die Hard 5 is next month. I'm hoping it manages to be good after 4 managed to remember what old school action films were like, but I don't know much about it. I heard Willis say once that 6 would be the last one so I hope it's at least good enough for that to get made. I don't want the series to go out on a whimper.

Also, Monster's U is out this summer.

Those and the Hobbit sequel are what I'm most interested in.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

The World's End is definitely going to be amazing.

Still haven't seen The Hobbit, but I'm sure I'll want to watch the sequel as well.

And I'm always down for whatever Miike comes out with.

Avaitor

My one hope is that Die Hard 5 is rated R on impact, with no PG-13 cut.

Well, that isn't my only hope for the year. I'm also really pulling for the next Muppet movie to come out this year.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Anyone know what Dreamworks has planned for this year?

Quote from: Avaitor on January 14, 2013, 09:00:34 PM
My one hope is that Die Hard 5 is rated R on impact, with no PG-13 cut.
On January 11, 2013, reports revealed that the movie is rated R.

Gotta dig that old school poster, too:

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 14, 2013, 09:05:05 PM
Anyone know what Dreamworks has planned for this year?
IIRC, three originals. Well, if you consider Peabody & Sherman an original.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

Quote from: Avaitor on January 14, 2013, 09:00:34 PM
I'm also really pulling for the next Muppet movie to come out this year.
March 21, 2014. Alrighty then.

New blog!

Karamazova

I'm looking forward to the second part of The Hobbit, although I was kind of meh about the first part.

The Shadow Gentleman

Iron Man 3, Thor the Dark World, the next Hobbit, and Disney's Frozen.

I'm also interested to see how the 300 prequel turns out.

Karamazova

Also, Ender's Game!

I completely forgot that was coming out this year.

talonmalon333

Yeah I'm quite looking forward to part 2 of The Hobbit, even if the first one was just average.

Daikun

Definitely looking forward to:
Iron Man 3
Pacific Rim
Man of Steel
Star Trek Into Darkness

Still deciding:
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Oblivion
After Earth
Gangster Squad
Thor: The Dark World

Avaitor

New blog!

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on January 18, 2013, 07:50:44 PMWasn't a fan of the first Thor?

I LOVED the first Thor. It's actually one of my favorites in the Avengers movies.

I'm just worried that the sequel might not follow up as well.