DC Nation

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 21, 2012, 07:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldstar

It's true that no return date was given in the article, but it did state that DC Nation will be preempted for the rest of the month, which would suggest that the block would return in November, and Nov. 3 is the 1st Saturday in November.

I already knew that DC Nation wasn't gone for good, as the block is doing well in the ratings. Still, a heads-up would've been nice, CN.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Silverstar

You should see how people at Toon Zone are freaking out over this. :butbut:

Normally, such fanboy noise amuses and astounds me, but in this case I can kind of understand their rage. CN just dropped this bomb on everyone only 2 episodes into the new season with less than 24-hours notice.

It sucks that we have to wait for more GL and YJ (not to mention those cool shorts; DC Nation was finally going to show the first Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld short today), but I'm not freaking out over it. It's just TV. This just means I can sleep in until TMNT at 11.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Peanutbutter

^^True, but that's not official confirmation yet. I saw someone on TZ randomly state that it'll be back on the 3rd as well, but I think they were going by assumption. Problem is, assumptions lead to rumors on the Internet. :thinkin:

Goldstar

That's true. The only thing that's known for certain is that DC Nation has been preempted for the rest of October. As for when the block will return, I'll just wait until I read something from either CN or WB officially before posting anything.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Peanutbutter

^That's the way to go about it. Just saw a quote from Twitter by one of the staff on Green Lantern, that said it's preempted for the rest of the month for their month long anniversary celebration. Granted, that is a weird explanation because Ben 10 and Clone Wars still came on, but that could be for ratings sweeps in November and/or something having to do with the shorts that have yet to air.

I'm not certain if he talked with someone at CN, but it makes some sense at least.  :??:

Silverstar

The plot thickens....

I don't know if this is true or not, but supposedly a recent tweet from CN is now claiming that DC Nation will be returning in January.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Peanutbutter

People are saying that's from their official Twitter, so I guess that's whats going down. Very odd choice, even if they don't get more seasons, but probably they want them to air alongside Beware the Batman. Is that due for January next year?

Silverstar

^^I don't know if Beware the Batman is slated for January specifically, but IIRC both it and Teen Titans Go! are scheduled to debut in 2013. According to World's Finest, both Green Lantern: TAS and Young Justice are supposed to complete their seasons' worth of episodes before the reins are handed over to Beware the Batman.

Also, according to World's Finest, it's going to be back-to-back airings of Dragons: Riders of Berk for the rest of October. Is Dragons really doing that well, or is CN just trying their darndest to promote it?

Dr. Insomniac

CN's never been modest about showing off its newborn, so I'm guessing the latter.

Daxdiv

I can only imagine the reaction Greg Weisman is going to have when he comes back from that Shakespeare thing he's attending. I only know that Brandon Viette, Giancarlo Volpe, and Brieanne Drouhard aren't happy that their shows got pre-empted. Shame Dragons is now going to be known as that show that pre-empted GL and YJ. Shame really since I have been enjoying Dragons, it's been growing on me. Though I don't get the excuse that it's to promote CN 20th anniversary. I mean, wouldn't you pick like an older show and not something you started to air a few months ago?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, does that mean no new episodes of Young Justice or Green Lantern: TAS for the next month?

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 13, 2012, 08:25:19 PM
So, does that mean no new episodes of Young Justice or Green Lantern: TAS for the next month?
None for the rest of the year.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Huh....Well it looks like in that case, both shows had EXTREMELY short returns. :imnothappy:

Avaitor

Yeah, I don't understand the reasoning behind bringing the shows back for 2 episodes, and putting them back on hiatus right after with so little as half a day in advance.

Why even bother starting them again if CN planned on doing this?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Silverstar on October 13, 2012, 12:44:12 PM
You should see how people at Toon Zone are freaking out over this. :butbut:

1. Today I learned that their is a whole sub-board of TZ full of users I have never even met on other boards thanks to this fiasco.
2. Today I learned that DC Nation was a thing. Honestly never even heard of this block before yesterday.  :wth: