Fighting Games

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, July 06, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

I agree as well. Menat does look good, but at the moment she's not enough to get me back into that game, although I have thought about firing it back up. It's also safe to assume that the final character of this season will be Zeku (?), Guy's master, at least I think that's his name. Personally, I don't care (Don't care for any of the new characters at all), but he might be the one character I'm looking for in terms of playstyle.

Depending on how Season 3 is, or if there's a SSFV, I might skip that as well.

I will say the one thing Capcom got right with SFV is waifus. Seriously, they know how to design females quite well.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Rynnec

On the subject of joke characters in Arc games: They've had them since 2000 with Faust, and Taokaka continued the trend. Even characters like May and Platinum have very cartoony movesets. Hercule Satan's chances for FighterZ is fine.

gunswordfist

Holy shit, Guy's master? :SHOCK:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Mustang

3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

Goodness gracious, Capcom. Take a baby step forward and take x amount of step backwards. I'm trying not to give up hope just yet considering this is Street Fighter's 30th anniversary, and maybe I set myself up in giving into the rumors of a anniversary edition of all SF games (all editions of SF2, Alpha 2 gold, Alpha 3 gold, 3rd Strike and all of SF4) coming to the PS4, but, man they're missing out on a perfect opportunity at the moment.

So far here's what we got

Street Fighter 2 Special Edition for the SNES

Street Fighter 5 costumes only for 4 characters

"Sigh" Capcom.  :wth:

I don't know if that's it, but that's all we got. What's even sadder, SNK is coming or has released a special edition for KoF14 with all DLC included. Capcom won't even do that with SF5. (need a smiley face with banging head against table or something)
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Spark Of Spirit

lol its not even Turbo!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 31, 2017, 05:26:28 PM
lol its not even Turbo!

It also can apparently light your SNES on fire.   ???

Spark Of Spirit

:unimpressed:

Capcom! This is amazing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: VLordGTZ on August 31, 2017, 09:21:01 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 31, 2017, 05:26:28 PM
lol its not even Turbo!

It also can apparently light your SNES on fire.   ???

A literal dumpster fire.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Markness

I finally got to play Menat at the only arcade in Austin that has modern fighting games. She's really fun to use and her personality is very likable. Her crystal ball is pretty versatile and has some cool moves like Soul Reflect and Wisdom of Thoth. I also like her graceful kick at the end of her Nefertem Critical Art. She's really revived my interest in SF V and I may actually buy the game although there are some I need to complete first before doing so.

I played some KOF XIV. It's fun but I find the bosses to be really lame. Some of the character models also feel off to me but maybe they'll grow on me if I play it more. I guess I still feel some resentment towards SNK for dropping out of the fighting game scene for a long time after KOF XIII. If they hadn't, I'd probably rate this KOF XIV higher than SF V but I've been more up to playing SF V. Yes, it still lacks an arcade mode but I feel more immersed in the SF world due to the greater emphasis on the story modes than KOF XIV and the character models feel more consistent.
Tekken 7 was pretty popular at the arcade but I am not a Tekken player so I couldn't really join in; I'd get my butt handed to me if I tried. 2D is just my niche.

Mustang

Android 21

Tien and Yamcha

I haven't exactly been keeping up with DBFZ lately. Outside of the 3 characters there's been nothing to hold my interest
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Mustang

It's good to see Daigo having fun. The 2nd player, Nuki (3rd Strike legend) seemed to be enjoying it as well. Always nice to see. If only the FGC can get past all this ish about what game outsells what and just enjoy the games they play everything would be good.

RnK Clan plays DBFZ. RnK Clan is a team of 3 or 4 (probably more) people in the Europe region that were known for their stylish combos in Street Fighter x Tekken, USF4, as well as GGxrd, and I'd probably say they are the best at the moment.

I know at this point MvCI is pretty much a lost cause, but I'm gonna try and show it a little love by showing some high level footage of a team I want to try out

Richard Nguyen is playing Dante and Dormammu. Filipino Champ and Richard are the reasons why I've begone considering playing Dormammu in the first place. Dante is Dante. Unless Vergil gets announced he'll be my main.

Nova, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and possibly Jedah are some other characters I want to try out.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

It's been a busy week for me as usual, but I have been keeping up a little bit.

Street Fighter 5: Arcade Edition

This is what should've been released originally instead of the bare bone game that came out at launch. It frustrates me because Capcom could've waited another year to release SF5, but noooo, e-sports. Now I will say I do worry about the intelligence of the FGC because it is noted that "New Modes and gameplay features will be a FREE UPDATE for those WHO PURCHASED THE ORIGINAL TITLE". With that being said people are still complaining about the $40 price tag. Whatever, right? Here's what's expected to come with SF5:AE

-Arcade Mode
-Extra Battle Mode
-New V-Triggers
-Gallery
-New User Interface
-Season 1 DLC Characters
-Season 2 DLC Characters

It almost look like the got rid of Survival Mode altogether and put Extra Battle Mode in its place.

QuoteExtra Battle Mode brings a new series of time exclusive challenges that allow players to use their Fight Money for the chance to receive an exclusive premium outfit each month. Complete all four challenges each month and receive a special premium costume exclusive to this mode.

I probably won't use it, but that sounds a lot better than going through survival mode trying to unlock colors.

Black Panther and Sigma

Sorry, unfortunately this was the only footage I could find. I'll give my opinion when I see better players get their hands on them (mainly Black Panther)

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle

I know I was hype for this game upon its reveal, but seeing it in motion I'm not feeling it. Maybe it's the look of GGxrd and DBFZ or maybe this should've originally been BBxGG, and then there's MvCI's gameplay. Something about seeing that in motion and then seeing this in motion, it's not clicking with me.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

Zeku finally revealed at South East Asia Majors tournament. First impression, not feeling it, but I'll hold off on that when I see a character breakdown.

Hazama, Rachel and Weiss Schnee revealed. SOLD. All it took was for Hazama. Anyway, it'll be on the PS4, PC and Switch.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol