What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Interesting.

I watched yet another episode of Lupin today. Got to learn a bit about Fujiko's past for the first time ever. They have Goemon leave yet again. Damn, they have a good clue as to how freaking overpowered he is.  :D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

The pre-Miyazaki episodes of Series 1 have some great moments, but it really does turn into something special when he and Takahata come in.

I'm about 45 episodes into Series 2 now, and I'm still enjoying it. It's a little too formulaic for me to watch multiple episodes in a row, so deciding to only watch an ep or two a day was a good call. And it's still fun to watch, since the traveling theme does help to keep the show fresh, and gives off a great feeling of environment throughout. I do think that they should have cut back on Zenigata a little, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Man, this is making me want to re-watch both series. It's been so long....

gunswordfist

Miyazaki did Part 1 episodes as well?! I had no clue. I just assumed he came in on Part 2. And I didn't even know Part 2 had that many episodes.

Avaitor

Most of his Lupin work comes from Part I. He only did 2 Part II episodes, at the end of the show's run.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Just watched this week's episode of Erased. Damn, what a cliffhanger.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on February 18, 2016, 08:34:19 AM
Most of his Lupin work comes from Part I. He only did 2 Part II episodes, at the end of the show's run.

VLordGTZ

Currently, I am trying to catch-up with Lupin III Part IV.  After 15 episodes, it's easily becoming my favorite Lupin series besides Fujiko Mine

I'm also currently watching the broadcast dubs of Assassination Classroom Season 2 and Dagashi KashiAssassination Classroom is great as always, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how things unfold this season.  Dagashi Kashi is surprisingly entertaining and Hotaru's crazy behavior is pretty funny. 

I also want to check out Rakugo Shinju and ERASED at some point since I've been hearing really good things about them, and I'm planning to go back finish the first season of Rin-ne before the spring season starts

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've been meaning to get around to Rakugo as well. All things considered, the fact that we have two really good shows from the Winter season is pretty good (and way better than I expected) by Winter season standards.

gunswordfist

Watched one episode of Lupin on Thursday and 1 episode on Friday, I believe.

Dr. Insomniac

In Haruchika, a talking bear committed mass murder-suicide.

Avaitor

It looks like Crunchyroll is missing a couple of episodes of Part II, after all. The earliest ones I can find are in the mid-60's, and since I'm in the mid-50's now, I'm catching up.

New blog!

gunswordfist

If you have it, try Hulu. I'll have to actually check if they have all the episodes, though.

Speaking of which, I finished episode 11 or 12 (Titled something like, "The One Who Has The Last Laugh") of Lupin The Third Part 1. No Goemon for the 3rd or so episode in a row but I'm liking everyone else more.

Before that, I watched the first two episodes of Erased, which are luckily on Hulu since apparently my brother's CrunchyRoll account has not been renewed. Except for hearing it has something to do with time traveling, I came in completely blind. Within 5 minutes, Satoru already seemed more human than most anime characters so that caught my attention. I was going to just watch one episode but that shocking ending to it made me watch another. I'm hooked.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, Erased is probably the best anime of the season aside from Rakugo (which I still need to check out, myself).

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Avaitor on February 26, 2016, 03:34:26 PM
It looks like Crunchyroll is missing a couple of episodes of Part II, after all. The earliest ones I can find are in the mid-60's, and since I'm in the mid-50's now, I'm catching up.
Huh? They're all showing up for me.