What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hime

What I'm currently watching is Durarara! and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. Though I do have hard time watching both.

Avaitor

I finally got around to watching Macross, and I quite enjoyed it. Then again, I have a bit of an affection for this type of anime, and I found it engaging throughout. If you're not into mecha/space operas and find series from this era a little hard to sit through, you may not like it, though. I admit that Minmei was annoying as fuck, and her relationship with Lynn Kyle was super creepy.

I'm almost done rewatching Macross Plus (I caught it on AniMonday a couple of years ago), and I think after it, I'll get to watching either Macross 7 or Wolf's Rain. Which should I do?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, now that you mentioned it I was actually thinking of checking out Wolf's Rain sometime soon, so if I get around to that before you do I'll let you know what I think of it.

Pharass

Regarding Macross: No character in that show annoyed me more than Minmei's cousin.

"We're under attack by giant aliens that wants to exterminate us all, but I'm going to keep bad-mouthing the people that defend us and insist that the Macross crew and the rest of the military consists of warmongers, for no reason beyond being a self-righteous douchebag."

Prick.

As for me, I'm currently making my way through 12 Kingdoms. So far, it's been great, the initial premise recalls Fushigi Yuugi: A young girl get sucked into a mystical fantasy world where she turns out to be the missing leader of one of it's kingdoms. However, the world presented in 12 Kingdoms is presented in greater detail than the one in Fushigi Yuugi, the main character is more interesting and so far there have been no cheesy melodrama or tawdry "will-they-won't-they" love stories. For these reasons, I have to declare 12 Kingdoms the superior show. If the 24 episodes that remain keep the same high quality, it might well end up in my top ten.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Dr. Insomniac

I watched a little bit of Nisemonogatari, and I feel dirty just looking at it.

And continuing Steins;Gate, which gets much better during the second half.

Angus

Spent most of Feb and March watching Fate/stay night and reading Fairy Tail. I'm also trying out an old romance short story anime series called Sentimental Journey.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Commode

I'm bored, so I'm watching an anime on Netflix called Girls Bravo.  I'm on the third episode, and it's kind of weird so far, should I keep watching?
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've honestly never heard of it, but the title makes it sound like the type of shit that I would hate, personally.

Angus

I suppose, if harem shows are your thing. It's fairy old, but I haven't seen enough of it to determine whether it's better than Rosario+Vampire. I fell asleep trying to watch it on Netflix. It does feature the Bang Zoomers from L.A.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Beat liked Girls Bravo, so I guess it depends on how much your opinion aligns with his.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on April 12, 2012, 04:19:54 PM
Beat liked Girls Bravo, so I guess it depends on how much your opinion aligns with his.

I should be surprised by this... how?

Dr. Insomniac

I watched that show, and pity those who follow my mistake.

Angus

Dr. Insomniac

Commode

How about Gunslinger Girl? That one sounds cool.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.