What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Wow, that second episode. This show has definitely sparked my interest.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on November 27, 2012, 10:00:44 PM
Wow, that second episode. This show has definitely sparked my interest.
It's definitely my favorite anime of both this year and last year. I guess this proves that you don't need to have any prior experience with F/SN to enjoy it!

Avaitor

I really do need to see this series, even though I did not care for F/SN at all.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on November 27, 2012, 10:58:51 PM
I really do need to see this series, even though I did not care for F/SN at all.
F/SN anime is shit. The VN is great, but uneven. Fate/Zero is one of my all-time favorite series.

I basically say as much in my season 1 review. ;)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I might check it out eventually....

Jay L. Corbell

All I know about Fate is the sex scenes.

I blame Foggle for that.

Foggle

Quote from: Jay L. Corbell on November 28, 2012, 06:19:53 PM
All I know about Fate is the sex scenes.

I blame Foggle for that.
The sex is one of the best things about F/SN!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, F/SN is basically 50 Shades of Grey the visual novel, except with fantasy elements thrown in? :>

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on November 28, 2012, 08:23:05 PM
So, F/SN is basically 50 Shades of Grey the visual novel, except with fantasy elements thrown in? :>
It's 60% awesome modern-day fantasy, 35% horrific harem and "romance" bullshit, 5% 50 Shades of Grey.

Meanwhile, Fate/Zero is 40% badass action, 40% brotastic feels, and 20% nihilist philosophy.

:happytime:

Lord Dalek

I have restored Juu's faith in humanity with Madoka.

Tomorrow I will take it away with another round of SAO.

Dr. Insomniac

Clannad managed to screw up a fight between Cotton Hill and Kuwabara.

Jay L. Corbell

Lord Dalek

Clannad makes me wanna cut myself in places I have never seen before.

gunswordfist

:whuh:
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on December 02, 2012, 11:28:49 PM
Clannad managed to screw up a fight between Cotton Hill and Kuwabara.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I watched the first episode of Madoka Magica. To be honest, I was more confused by what was going on than anything else. Is that intentional for the first episode or am I just an idiot because I don't know the genre conventions of the magical girl anime so therefore I don't know what aspects of it this anime is deconstructing in the first place?

Thinking about that, it kind of makes me realize how a series like HXH's brilliance in twisting around shonen genre conventions would be totally lost on someone who wasn't all that familiar with shonen series in the first place.

That said, Madoka is interesting enough that I'm willing to watch at least a few more episodes before I can decide how I truly feel about it as a show.