Lord Dalek

TheEclecticDude

hmm ill just watch the first episode lol

TheEclecticDude

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 15, 2013, 08:52:58 PM
Quote from: TheEclecticDude on May 15, 2013, 08:51:23 PM
watching Vividred Operation now on Hulu
Why?

Well why not? Be more substantive in your inquiry and response. 

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: TheEclecticDude on May 15, 2013, 09:10:27 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 15, 2013, 08:52:58 PM
Quote from: TheEclecticDude on May 15, 2013, 08:51:23 PM
watching Vividred Operation now on Hulu
Why?

Well why not? Be more substantive in your inquiry and response.
After all, the show is a bland magical girl series where panty shots are as common as the stars in the sky. No one shows unique character development, while fight scenes have the amount of unsettling voyeurism that would make KissXSis seem modest.

The Shadow Gentleman

Bile Fascination makes people do the craziest things.

TheEclecticDude

Yeah I noticed the panty shots, quite off-putting.

Like I said, might watch the first episode. 'Bout halfway through it, mite as well finish it before moving onto the other stuff im watching this evening.

TheEclecticDude

Quote from: ShadowGentleman on May 15, 2013, 09:17:34 PM
Bile Fascination makes people do the craziest things.

Yeah quite. I on occasion will watch a show simply based on curiosity without any kind of expectations for it. That way, I don't get disappointed.

TheEclecticDude

Well, that was a waste.

Oh well moving to You're Under Arrest ep 3-4 (subbed)
then KO Beast ep 4-5

Lord Dalek

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just watched the first 2 episodes of Gundam Unicorn. The artwork and animation is top-notch, and the action scenes are stellar, but I can't for the life of me understand more than the basic gist of the story. There's a lot of techno-babble regarding Gundam terminology and references to other characters and events in the Universe that makes me feel that Unicorn is meant more for long-time fans. It kind of makes me appreciate how self-contained 0080 managed to be without feeling like it was completely cut off from the rest of the Gundam Universe. I think that I'd probably like Unicorn a lot more if I watched some of the other canon Gundam series before-hand, or at least the original MSG, as I believe that's what Unicorn seems to reference the most.

Lord Dalek

You don't need to watch prior Gundam to understand what's going on in 0080. Outside of a few easter egg references, the two are fairly distant in plot interaction.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Lord Dalek on May 17, 2013, 12:15:21 PM
You don't need to watch prior Gundam to understand what's going on in 0080. Outside of a few easter egg references, the two are fairly distant in plot interaction.

I made a typo on my last sentence. I meant to say Gundam Unicorn instead of 0080 (I just fixed that).

I agree with you. I think that 0080 was probably the most appealing Gundam series to me because at the end of the day, its just a stand-alone story with characters that you can invest in, whether you know or care about the rest of the Gundam franchise or not. For that matter, 0080 is honestly one of the few mecha anime that I love, as I'm not a huge fan of the genre, myself.

Dr. Insomniac

Been binging on Psycho Pass. The second-half of the show gets really amazing, barring that one scene involving the "great deal of stress".