What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Foggle

Re-watching Fujiko Mine, and yeah, this is by far the best anime of 2012 IMO. The first two Goemon episodes aside, it's pretty much perfect. Easily the best Lupin III title.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Foggle on October 16, 2013, 05:05:18 PM
Re-watching Fujiko Mine, and yeah, this is by far the best anime of 2012 IMO. The first two Goemon episodes aside, it's pretty much perfect. Easily the best Lupin III title.

Agreed on all of this.  :thumbup:

Foggle

I kind of want to write a review now. For whatever reason, it seems to have been criminally overlooked and underrated by most anime fans. Guess modern anime watchers don't appreciate the classics and just gloss over stuff like Lupin on principle? Also, it seems like a fair amount of the people who've seen it failed to understand the underlying social commentary of the show.

gunswordfist

Watched episode 100 of HXH for dinner last night. Man that was brutal.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

The Shadow Gentleman

Lord Dalek

The Magi dub is bleh but passable. That being said, the Thaumatet seems to have mostly enjoyed the show.

TheEclecticDude

Well

Watching Neo Ranga DVD one volume at a time each Sunday

Current Anime Im Watching:
Walkure Romanze (Sunday)
Arpeggio of Blue Steel (Monday) might drop though if ep 3 doesn't impress
Coppelion (Wednesday)
Kill la Kill (Thursday)

Foggle

I just started Hunter x Hunter (1999) a few days ago.

Every Thursday I watch Samurai Flamenco (and of course Kill la Kill). Both are amazing.

Snagged a copy of FLCL for $6 online earlier today, so I'll be sure to give that another look once it gets here.

I'm also trying to decide whether to finish Attack on Titan or Legend of the Galactic Heroes first. AoT is shorter, but I'm a lot more interested in LoGH. Hmm.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on October 20, 2013, 11:49:43 PM
I just started Hunter x Hunter (1999) a few days ago.

:happytime:

Just keep in mind that it gets off to a slow start, but I think it gets good by the 12 episode mark. After that it can still be a bit slow paced, but that's because it becomes more about character building rather than fighting.

QuoteEvery Thursday I watch Samurai Flamenco (and of course Kill la Kill). Both are amazing.

Yeah, Kill La Kill is a pretty fun series, so far.

QuoteI'm also trying to decide whether to finish Attack on Titan or Legend of the Galactic Heroes first. AoT is shorter, but I'm a lot more interested in LoGH. Hmm.

I honestly haven't watched past the first episode of AoT since it seems to be like a carbon copy of the manga. I also happen to find that the manga is becoming progressively more stupid as it goes on.  Honestly, the first season of the anime seems to cover as far as the best parts of the story, anyways.

I need to restart Legend of the Galactic Heroes, myself.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I tried watching Gundam Unicorn a few months back, and I just couldn't get into it. I just think that, on the whole, the Gundam franchise isn't for me, with the lone exception of 0080, which I found to be excellent since it just worked as such a great stand-alone piece with minimal references to the rest of the Gundam Universe. On that note, I plan on re-watching that series this weekend.

I also think I'll hit up Digimon Adventure for a re-watch on Netflix (the sub, this time). I've been re-watching Tamers, and really my only problem with the series is its slow start, but once the team starts coming together, that's when I feel that the writing and characterization start to go far beyond the quality of what you'd expect out of most kids shows.

gunswordfist

Watched episodes 3 and 4 of Fate/Zero. Now I am starting to like the series.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Grave

Quote from: TheEclecticDude on October 20, 2013, 10:58:54 PM
Well

Watching Neo Ranga DVD one volume at a time each Sunday

Current Anime Im Watching:
Walkure Romanze (Sunday)
Arpeggio of Blue Steel (Monday) might drop though if ep 3 doesn't impress
Coppelion (Wednesday)
Kill la Kill (Thursday)

I might have to space things out like this instead of trying to catch up on everything at once, especially since I hardly feel like I can watch anything to begin with.

Anyway, I watched some of the 4th movie to Bleach, and from what I saw of it, I thought it was pretty good. Then again, I thought Bleach movies (except for the 1st movie) were better than the actual series. The story is nothing special, but at least you get an actual story with the movies. Anyway, at this point I'd say if you're looking at Bleach for a story you should just kick yourself. Animation wise, this is some pretty good stuff. I know there's more effort put into the movies because of a higher budget, but one would think they can put this amount of quality into the series itself.

Fairly decent with good fighting. Nothing that you wouldn't expect from this one.

Rynnec

Quote from: Grave on October 25, 2013, 05:03:10 PM
I might have to space things out like this instead of trying to catch up on everything at once, especially since I hardly feel like I can watch anything to begin with.

Anyway, I watched some of the 4th movie to Bleach, and from what I saw of it, I thought it was pretty good. Then again, I thought Bleach movies (except for the 1st movie) were better than the actual series. The story is nothing special, but at least you get an actual story with the movies. Anyway, at this point I'd say if you're looking at Bleach for a story you should just kick yourself. Animation wise, this is some pretty good stuff. I know there's more effort put into the movies because of a higher budget, but one would think they can put this amount of quality into the series itself.

Fairly decent with good fighting. Nothing that you wouldn't expect from this one.

It's kinda sad when the true villain of that movie is a better villain than any of the canon villains. :sweat:

Grave

Quote from: Rynnec on October 25, 2013, 05:08:19 PM
Quote from: Grave on October 25, 2013, 05:03:10 PM

It's kinda sad when the true villain of that movie is a better villain than any of the canon villains. :sweat:

Agreed.