What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah, Joseph is an awesome protagonist, the Pillar Men (Wham especially) are fun villains, and part 2 as a whole is a much stronger story than the first part. I don't think I'll read Stardust Crusaders before the new anime (mainly because I'm not sure I have the time to go through 150+ chapters), but I am very excited for it. With Stardust Crusaders, Mushi-shi, Keroro, and Psycho-Pass, spring in general in going to be a good season of anime for me.  :D

gunswordfist

Ok, watching Saint Seiya feels like a chore to me, at least right now. I will probably just go back to watching Fist Of The Northstar.

I need some help here, I'll be starting Hunter X Hunter 1999 and Dragonball soon but I need to know whether I should watch the dub or sub of DB. (I already know sub for HXH. Not ever going to hear Gon in English ;D)
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 05, 2014, 12:49:37 AM
I need some help here, I'll be starting Hunter X Hunter 1999 and Dragonball soon but I need to know whether I should watch the dub or sub of DB.

The sub would be an interesting experience if you've only ever watched the dub before. You really can't go wrong with it, and that way you can watch the entire show legally through Hulu.

That said, my preference has always been for the dub, and since it's one of FUNi's best, I don't think you can't really go wrong with it either.  :D

gunswordfist

I remember liking the dub. Dub it is. Thanks!

gunswordfist

I watched the 2nd episode of HXH 1999 after the first. So Leorio is supposed to be an honorable thief? :whuh:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

He's not a thief. He'll just do whatever it takes to survive.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm currently about a third of the way through AnJ2. I swear I don't know how this series keeps doing it, but somehow it just keeps on getting better and better. This is honestly one of the best anime of all time, and contains perhaps the most sophisticated story-telling and character-development that I've ever seen from an animated series of any kind.

gunswordfist

Just finished episode 4 of HXH 1999 and watched episode 3 early this morning.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 07, 2014, 05:33:58 PM
Just finished episode 4 of HXH 1999 and watched episode 3 early this morning.

You're watching them out of order?

gunswordfist

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 08, 2014, 01:30:02 AM
I hope that was a joke. :D

I meant to phrase that as a question, but forgot the question mark. Seriously, you're watching them out of order?

gunswordfist

No, I clearly said that I watched Episode 4 and watched Episode 3 EARLIER. :sly:

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 08, 2014, 02:40:50 AM
No, I clearly sad that I watched Episode 4 and watched Episode 3 EARLIER. :sly:
I'm clearly sad too.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on February 08, 2014, 02:13:10 AM

I meant to phrase that as a question, but forgot the question mark. Seriously, you're watching them out of order?

He meant, "I watched episode 3 in the morning and just now finished episode 4."

I needed some noise to keep me up on a project, so I ended up watching Toonami Aftermath thursday night. Haven't done that in a while. I took breaks from my work to catch the last episode of Trigun, some good Lupin episodes, and the always hilarious "Ukyo's Secret Sauce" episode of Ranma 1/2. I'd kill for that kind of lineup on the actual Toonami. Seeing those episodes again made me want to re-watch Trigun and Ranma sometime, though with my backlog I'm gonna have to wait a while.  :sweat:

gunswordfist

I'd kill to see Trigun and Lupin on Toonami in the same lineup.