DC Nation

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 21, 2012, 07:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I completely forgot about DC Nation returning today. And since I had to get a new cable box, along with a new DVR, last week, it did not record. Good thing they have repeats tomorrow.

Did anyone catch either show?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Rynnec

Daxdiv

Quote from: Rynnec on March 31, 2013, 03:24:35 PM
Yeah, I don't think I'll be following TTG anytime soon.

That's not even anything like the art style from the cartoon ads I've been seeing on CN proper. This is just one of the shorts that aired during DC Nation. It was because of this that we got that. Shame we'll never get a Princess of Gemworld cartoon. Those were probably my favorite of the DC Nation shorts.

Goldstar

My favorite shorts from DC Nation were Super Best Friends Forever, but Warner Brothers has stated flat out that they won't be making an animated series about female capes anytime soon because they don't think that the toys would sell very well. :bleh: They should see how many fanfics based on the Tournament of Heroines from the TT episode "Winner Take All" have been written since that episode's debut.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Avaitor

I want a show like the Atom shorts, but since he's not Batman, that won't be happening.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Silverstar

Unfortunately, none of the 'lesser' DC heroes (i.e., anyone without 'Super' or 'Bat' in their name) will ever get an animated series unless they get a hit live-action movie first, but those characters will never get a live-action movie because Hollywood doesn't think they're popular enough. It's a Catch-22.

As for TTGO!, I heard someone describe the show as "a disgrace and an insult". Nah, it's not that; it's really more of a marketing decision and a clear reflection of the state that action's in right now at Cartoon Network. The New Teen Titans shorts from DC Nation  proved popular, and they were based on an established franchise which has already proven successful, which is why we got this instead of The Atom, Princess Amethyst or SBFF. As for why it's a chibi comedy show featuring the Titans scouring the galaxy for sandwich ingredients instead of TT season 6, right now there's more money to be made from kids' comedy than kids' action; comedies on the whole are less expensive to produce and they presently earn back bigger ratings and revenues than action cartoons (except the really heavily toy-driven stuff like Ben 10).

Sadly, the 'failures' of Green Lantern and Young Justice will only ensure that we'll be seeing more shows like TTGO! and less ambitious action/superhero projects in the foreseeable future.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Avaitor

Well look at every DC movie made in the past few years that wasn't Batman (I'll be nice and exclude Vertigo)- Catwoman, Superman Returns, Jonah Hex, Green Lantern.

And Man of Steel doesn't look a whole lot better than any of these. With a track record like this, maybe it's best to not see anyone else tainted by Warner/DC.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Say that again when Guillermo's John Constantine movie actually sees fruition.

Avaitor

Del Toro stretches himself so thin though, and at least 90% of the projects he's attached to never come to fruition. At least not with him involved.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

Reports about a Man of Steel early screening were that it was good and not as dour and serious as the trailer made out. I'm still convinced with Nolan as a producer, there's at least a smidgen of truth in that.

Goldstar

I really hope that Man of Steel does well at the box office. Not only would that make America Superman conscious again, but a successful live action movie would guarantee a new Superman animated series for DC Nation.

As for Teen Titans GO!, even though I would have rather gotten a Super Best Friends Forever series, I'm willing to give this series a look, since I enjoyed TT much more when it tried to be funny than when it tried to be serious.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Silverstar

Quote from: Goldstar on April 01, 2013, 07:18:57 AM
As for Teen Titans GO!, even though I would have rather gotten a SBFF series, I'm willing to give this series a look, since I enjoyed TT much more when it tried to be funny than when it tried to be serious.

Same here. I thought TT worked best as a goofy comedy, so unlike most folks on the interwebs, I'm not turned off by the TTGO! concept. I just wish we could've gotten a different set of characters to star in it, as I've never been crazy about the Teen Titans: TAS cast.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, the TT episode I enjoyed the most was the tofu one so I'm inclined to agree. I'm not sure how well it'll work as a full series but I'll give it a shot.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

RacattackForce

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 02, 2013, 04:47:57 PM
Well, the TT episode I enjoyed the most was the tofu one so I'm inclined to agree. I'm not sure how well it'll work as a full series but I'll give it a shot.
I'm pretty sure it'd work in a similar fashion to the Tiny Titans comics: a bunch character and situation-based gags mixed with a multitude of references towards DC Comics mythos. If they pull their cards right, it will be a very funny series.

Nel_Annette

So I just looked at the talkbacks for the series premiere of TTG, and I'm finding it hilarious how after all those months of bitching and moaning, people liked it for the most part. Yeesh.  :lol: