Neon Alley going free.

Started by Daikun, February 15, 2014, 07:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Has anyone ever used Neon Alley, Viz's online anime service?

Well, starting April 1, they're switching from a subscription service to free. They're changing from a 24-hour linear network to on-demand through Hulu.

They have a FAQ here. Announcements for Canada will be coming soon.

LumRanmaYasha

So they're removing the thing that made Neon Alley unique? Okay...

Well, I guess so long as I can watch free DUBBED episodes of their shows (including the Aniplex ones) I can't complain.

Daikun

Well... I suppose I kinda forgot about this.

Anyway, NeonAlley.com redirects you to this page.

Here's the upload schedule.

LumRanmaYasha

Ah, legal streaming of the Ranma 1/2 dub at last! What a great year it is to be a Ranma 1/2 fan in the U.S!  ;D

Daikun

Looks like they've expanded their lineup rather quickly! They've added a couple of non-Viz shows already. It looks like the monthly schedule will be listing only the Viz uploads, which is kind of a shame.

LumRanmaYasha

Neon Alley really doesn't have much going for it outside of those few shows which have dubbed episodes, considering that I can watch most of this stuff on Hulu too. I wish they had more than just 4 episodes of dubbed Ranma 1/2 available at a time as well, since that's really the only thing that's exclusive to them that I care to watch.

Spark Of Spirit

It's not available here yet, FYI.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton