Devil May Cry Series

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, January 06, 2013, 09:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

They should let all 3 have access to the others' missions after you beat the game.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm a few days late, but I just wanted to remind everyone that DMC3's 10th anniversary was a few days ago. After all of this time, there are still few games that can even come close to its level of quality, IMO.

gunswordfist

happy belated birthday, dante's awakening!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, with DMC4SE coming out in a few months, what changes would you like to see that could potentially make this the best game in the franchise rather than just a very good one? It doesn't have to be stuff that would be likely to happen, but just your ideal dream remake.

For me, some stuff would be:

-Besides Vergil being playable, Dante and Nero are now playable in each others' missions.

-New exclusive areas and boss fights for Dante's missions.

-DMC3 weapons unlockable for Dante.

-Vergil referenced in the story, and some elaboration on Nero's past.

-New alternate weapons for Nero.

-Alternate unlockable costumes for all 3 characters.

-Co-op Bloody Palace mode.

-Complete removal of the Chimera enemies, and the return of some more of the classic DMC enemies.

-All new content in the ending that effectively retcons DMC2 out of the main series's canon.

-Completely replace Nero's Mission 19 with actual original content, or at least remove it entirely.

-Rebalancing to make Nero's Devil Bringer feel less overpowered, but also to make Devil Trigger feel more useful again.

-Make the Sanctus boss fights less shitty.

-Add in boss survival mode.

-Add in an old-school style Yellow Orb mode.

-Make jump-canceling useful again.

-Add in more "distorted" moves for Dante.

....And, that's about all I've got, for now....

gunswordfist

I'd just want to add on to that:
-Vergil has Air Hike
-Both Nero and Dante permanently get Yamato for New Game + (forget if they did that for Nero in the original)
-All PC features
-Nero gets new combos
-Dante gets pre-Nero fight missions, thus adding some more story content.
-Mode will you can pull through all of Nero, Dante and Vergil's missions in chronological order as any of the 3.
-Unlock Credo and make his flight work like Air raid.
-Unlock Alastor and Sparda.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 22, 2015, 11:30:45 PMVergil has Air Hike

Well, he did sort of have his own spin on a double-jump if you got him to Dark Slayer Lv. 3, in which you could teleport him upward even while in mid-air from another jump, but giving him Air Hike would certainly be a lot simpler and more practical.

Quote-Both Nero and Dante permanently get Yamato for New Game + (forget if they did that for Nero in the original)

They did already keep all of their abilities and upgrades on NG+ in the original, though. That said, Nero could only use the spiritual form of Yamato, and only when he was in DT mode. Meanwhile Dante had access to the physical form of the weapon, but only when using the DS style (which is nothing like Vergil's).

QuoteAll PC features

I'm pretty sure this goes without saying. I mean, surely even Capcom in its current state can't be incompetent enough to forget to include LDK mode, can they....? :whuh:

QuoteMode will you can pull through all of Nero, Dante and Vergil's missions in chronological order as any of the 3.

Nero and Dante's missions already were in chronological order to begin with, though. This does remind me that I want Vergil to get his own missions, though.

Foggle

Legendary Dark Knight mode is included, and you can play the story mode as both Lady and Trish as well! http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/23/devil-may-cry-4-special-edition-makes-vergil-lady-trish-playable/

gunswordfist

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, basically they are finishing DMC4 7 years after its original release and making it the best game in the series like it was always supposed to be?

*Sigh*....This remake is literally more appealing to me than any new games coming out on the XBOX ONE or PS4, and I don't even mean that as an insult.

That said, with the release so soon, and no new footage to go on, I can't help but wonder if all of this additional content will really be as substantial as Capcom makes it sound.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition - Announce Trailer: http://youtu.be/FvcXsbX6Dnc

I want this....:drool:

Foggle

the time has come

and so have I...

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on March 23, 2015, 03:31:16 PMthe time has come

and so have I...

I was going to ask whether the sexual innuendo in that statement/reference was intentional, but knowing you....:lol:

Foggle

The answer is yes. ;)

EDIT: whoops read your post wrong

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

First I whip it [the blu-ray game disc] out [of the case], then I thrust it [into the disc tray], with great force. [Upon fumbling with the disc from too much excitement, I try re-inserting it from] Every angle, [impatiently waiting for when] it penetrates. Until, with great strength, I [forcefully] ram it in [successfully]. And in the end [upon playing this awesome game and sharing my love for it with everyone else], we are all satisfied....
Spoiler
....unless this game is digital download only (which it probably will be), in which case this joke is rendered completely pointless.
[close]

Foggle

That was the best line in the game. :lol:

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on March 23, 2015, 04:09:57 PM
unless this game is digital download only (which it probably will be)
SPEAK NOT SUCH HERESY