Started by Avaitor, May 03, 2012, 06:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Some assembly required.

Release Date: May 4, 2012
Studio: Paramount
Director: Joss Whedon
Aspect Ratio: 1.78 : 1
Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Samuel L. Jackson, Tom Hiddleston

Plot Summary: Nick Fury is director of S.H.I.E.L.D, an international peace keeping agency. The agency is a who's who of Marvel Super Heroes, with Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye and Black Widow. When global security is threatened by Loki and his cohorts, Nick Fury and his team will need all their powers to save the world from disaster.

COMMENTS?

It comes tonight. ARE YA READY KIDS?

I'm heading out in a couple of hours myself. What are your plans?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I'm gonna see it tomorrow.

I am hyped.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm planning to see it tomorrow after I arrive home from college. I can't wait. Hopefully it'll have been worth 4 years worth of build-up. If the reviews which it has received so far are any indication, it probably will.

Kiddington

Probably next week or so. I haven't really decided yet, but I'll be out of town again this weekend, so it won't be for a little while at least. We'll see.

Spark Of Spirit

Be sure to let me know if Whedon blows it, Mr. Dad.

After CGI Hulk, it's my #1 worry.  :-[
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 03, 2012, 06:40:20 PM
Be sure to let me know if Whedon blows it, Mr. Dad.

After CGI Hulk, it's my #1 worry.  :-[
The reviews say no, Gonzo wannabe.

Avaitor

Not only that, but apparently Hulk steals the show, too.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I hope he jnows when to dial it down. I really didn't like CGI Hulk in either of the other two movies.

Foggle

Honestly have no interest in this at all. Will probably watch it if some of my friends want to go, though.

Avaitor

New blog!

Foggle

Because I only like Iron Man and Nick Fury and the only reason I even do is because of their actors.

Avaitor

Huh, I would have pegged you to be a fan of Loki's character myself. I always thought that Deadpool took some inspiration from him.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Did you see Captain America or Thor? They really are very good movies. I wouldn't be nearly as hyped if I didn't see them. (RDJ's Iron Man is the only version of the character I like)

Foggle

Quote from: Brak's Dad on May 03, 2012, 07:50:10 PM
Huh, I would have pegged you to be a fan of Loki's character myself. I always thought that Deadpool took some inspiration from him.
I honestly have no idea who you're talking about. Like I've said before, I'm a complete Marvel noob. Aside from DP and Spider-Man, I don't know anything about their characters outside of the movies.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 03, 2012, 07:50:35 PM
Did you see Captain America or Thor? They really are very good movies. I wouldn't be nearly as hyped if I didn't see them. (RDJ's Iron Man is the only version of the character I like)
Nah. The Thor trailers made it look like the kind of movie I'd completely detest, and by the time I realized the Captain America movie was a thing, it had left theaters. :frown:

Dr. Insomniac

Though admittedly, there are a lot strikes against the movie. Like how Jack Kirby's family won't make any money out of it, how it's basically a 2-hour commercial to sell toys and fuel sequels, how Edward Norton didn't come back, and plenty more.