Megas XLR

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, June 29, 2011, 07:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I know that its not Avaitor's cup of tea and in general it was never that popular of a show, but honestly its easily one of my favorite things to EVER have come out of Cartoon Network, and I say it rightfully deserves its spot on our list. In fact now I really feel up to re-watching it, yet again (and I just re-watched the entire series last year, so it says something when I already want to get back into it so soon afterwards).

I really wish that this series could get a DVD release.

Foggle

I only ever saw somewhere around 5 episodes, but I really enjoyed it whenever I got a chance to watch it.

gunswordfist

So would the time Megas XLR came out count as Cartoon Network's Silver Age?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Toonami was still around and not terrible, so I guess you could say that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 29, 2011, 10:17:41 PM
So would the time Megas XLR came out count as Cartoon Network's Silver Age?
Debatable. It debuted' May 2004, about a month before the infamous "revamp" that a lot of people associate as being the "beginning of the end" for CN.

I guess it all depends on who you ask. IMO, CN didn't really start to suck until about late 2005, early 2006-ish (when Camp Lazlo became their golden boy). I'd kinda say it is, but that's just me.

gunswordfist

A month? I guess I'll have to investigate that time period to see if that's true imo.

I say CN's Silver Age started the second Samurai Jack went to Toonami. Jack is my favorite cartoon...ever but it made Toonami seem like any other block on the channel and Toonami started to lose its luster right after that. Funny how I had a friend who thought the same exact them. Seems small but I guess long time cartoon fans just know when something is wrong

Avaitor

Hmm, the golden age would probably be from CN's start to when the last of the original eight Cartoon Cartoons premired. The silver age would probably start when Sheep in the Big City premiered to around when PPG ended and Camp Lazlo started. That's when the bronze age starts, and I don't know what we're into now.

Don't take that too seriously though. Just speculation.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Thank the lord himself we're no longer living in the Lazlo era.

As much as people rag on some of the stuff CN airs now, that era was by far the worst.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

I still have yet to actually see this show(I know I know), since this was one of those series that aired on CN during the period when I didn't watch CN at all.  It's been on my "Cartoons I maybe will eventually get to maybe" list for a while, and I know it's available for download, so now all I need is the drive to actually seek the show out and watch it.

Maybe tomorrow.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

I think this might be up your alley, Chalmy. It's kind of a specific taste, but it really works for those who can get into it.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on June 30, 2011, 12:10:36 AM
Hmm, the golden age would probably be from CN's start to when the last of the original eight Cartoon Cartoons premired. The silver age would probably start when Sheep in the Big City premiered to around when PPG ended and Camp Lazlo started. That's when the bronze age starts, and I don't know what we're into now.

Don't take that too seriously though. Just speculation.
Yeah, this is certainly all speculation. CN is too young to have clear cut ages

gunswordfist

Quote from: Desensitized on June 30, 2011, 12:12:07 AM
Thank the lord himself we're no longer living in the Lazlo era.

As much as people rag on some of the stuff CN airs now, that era was by far the worst.
Good lord, like I've said before I agree. I am glad I kind of stepped away from cartoons at that point. I guess I was busy playing Xbox and PS2 or just ignored the channel more than I remembered. Regular Show alone tops that era. I think they had Lupin and Case Closed on and off then. That probably was the only plus

Commode

Quote from: Desensitized on June 30, 2011, 12:22:02 AM
I think this might be up your alley, Chalmy. It's kind of a specific taste, but it really works for those who can get into it.
Okay, I'll download and try this out, since my damn Smallville download is taking it's time finishing up.

Avaitor

Smallville? Really?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode