Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Foggle

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Rosalinas Spare Wand

http://youtu.be/ePNHfnR-SwA

I love this man. His passion makes me so proud to buy from small businesses.

Kiddington

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on May 12, 2012, 03:59:53 AM
http://youtu.be/ePNHfnR-SwA

I love this man. His passion makes me so proud to buy from small businesses.

Where IS this place (the store he's in)? I must shop there.

Also, he's spot on about everything.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

The shop is in Dublin, Ohio according to the Facebook page. Too out of the way for me, but I'd still love to visit his place.

Daxdiv

Who is this brave man that is now my hero? This man is spot on in everything, from the beginning about how people do the same to cars and houses to EA's bad business practice of killing small developers, to this being the ultimate scapegoat for a shoddy product.

Peanutbutter

Awesome explanation and verbal takedown of everything wrong with the gaming industry. That guy's video needs to go viral STAT. Seriously, we should all share this video everywhere we can online. If it's gets viral, it could get people to stop putting up with Capcom and EA's crap.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I find it a bit ironic that Capcom is the ONLY company that he didn't mention in this video. He even attacked THQ who aren't even doing too good, business-wise, whereas he didn't touch Capcom, which is a bit odd.

Its a well put-together argument, though, and I definitely agree with pretty much all of his points. For me, I never buy games new, period, because I just flat-out can't afford them. So far, very few of the games that actually interest me have succumbed to butchered used game sales and DLC abuse, but I can see it getting to that point by the next generation of consoles, so it definitely needs to stop, now. People just need to learn to stop buying into this crap, quite literally. If people just stop buying extra content like that, or even stop buying games that abuse cheap extra content like that, then companies will be forced to stop using such dirty practices. The only reason they even keep doing it is because people keep supporting their games despite how much they punish gamers for even buying their games in the first place.

Spark Of Spirit

I rarely buy new for the same reason. And with the ever-decreasing option of renting, I basically just have to wait for dirt cheap prices. There are too many games these days, and too many that aren't even worth a short rental much less paying $60 for.

I've already said this before, but unless things change next gen, the Wii-U will probably be my last system. I'm just not interested in playing with these companies anymore, and I'm tired of being treated like a criminal for legally purchasing something.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Anyone who defends these practices should watch that video. If they don't see the problem then then they truly are the problem.

Kiddington

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on May 12, 2012, 01:54:15 PM
The shop is in Dublin, Ohio according to the Facebook page. Too out of the way for me, but I'd still love to visit his place.

Damn, too bad. If I still lived in Michigan, I could probably make it work (apparently Dublin is just outside of Columbus; not too overly far from where I used to live), but now it'd be 2-3 day trip, at least.

Maybe some day...

Foggle

QuoteDeus Ex: Human Revolution and Final Fantasy XIII-2 helped publisher Square Enix swing to profit for fiscal 2011, the company announced today. For the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012, the company's Digital Entertainment business (which houses the firm's gaming endeavors) saw net sales surge 11.9 percent to 71.9 billion yen ($897.5 million) while operating income jumped up 11.7 percent to 12.6 billion yen ($157.3 million).

Square Enix did not offer specific sales figures for either game, but after shipping in August 2011, Deus Ex: Human Revolution was the top-selling game of the month , and went on to ship 2 million units.

In total, Square Enix reported full-year net sales of 127.9 billion yen ($1.6 billion), up 2.1 percent year-over year. Profits for the period came in at 6.1 billion yen ($76.1 million), up significantly from the 12 billion yen ($150 million) in losses tallied the year prior.

gunswordfist

Hopefully Square-Enix starts to make more games that we actually want to play.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody